8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Has anyone heard of an Insistor II?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Has anyone heard of an Insistor II?
Trevor Hoppers
Junior

- posted October 03, 2013 04:44 PM      Profile for Trevor Hoppers   Email Trevor Hoppers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum. I have been a dabbler in Super 8 collecting and I've always enjoyed it, but I've never gotten into it too seriously.

That said, I found an item at a garage sale recently that I think is very cool, but I can't find any information about it.

It's an 8mm projector housed in a brief case. In the lid of the case there is a mirror and screen. When it's all folded out, the image projects from the the bottom to the mirror which reflects it to the back of the screen. You can sit and watch the screen like a TV. It's a pretty ingenious little item.

It's marked Insistor II and seems to be from (or at least made in) Japan.

Have any of you guys heard of it? Is it a rare item or just something I haven't seen? Any info would be appreciated.

|  IP: Logged

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 03, 2013 04:54 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know this specific model but tv screen looking like projectors are not rare.

--------------------
Dominique

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC