8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Halloween Playlist. What's Yours?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Halloween Playlist. What's Yours?
Ernie Zahn
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 04, 2013 11:50 AM      Profile for Ernie Zahn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have Dracula 200' and Creature from the Black Lagoon 400' 3D. Sadly no Universal horror classics as feature lengths.

I also have Cabinet of Dr. Caligari and Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde. Not sure which one I'll go with for screening.

What are you planning on?

--------------------
Check out the trailer for my feature length Spaghetti-style Western:

Six and Bisti

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 04, 2013 12:39 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mine's the same every year, and I wouldn't change it for a moment ...

All scope features ...

The Fog
Alien
Poltergeist

Now, THAT'S a night of fun!!!

Actually, I do one feature one night with Halloween cartoons, and a double feature on the second night.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted October 04, 2013 02:00 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Halloween Film Night program that has just been mailed out. All films are super 8, except a digital showing of Twilight Zone.

-

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 04, 2013 02:19 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The day before Halloween or the weekend before I will be screening the following on my new Elmo st-180 :
Exorcist edited feature 2x400'
Wolfman edited feature 3x400'
Invaders from Mars feature
Three Stooges Creeps 400' Sound
Amityville Horror 400' Digest
Phantom Planet 200' Sound short
Bucket of Blood 200' Sound short
Psycho 200' sound short
Earth vs. The Flying Saucers sound short
I have quite the screening planned [Smile]
Austin

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2013 05:34 AM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Psycho 400'
The Birds 400'
T&J - Dr Jekyll & Mr Mouse 200'
and finally:
The Cat and the Canary - 4x400' Reg 8 silent (separate soundtrack played along it).

This is not 100% final, I have had requests for "Jaws" (2x400 on 1x800') and might replace the first two with this, and add another 200', making it a Jaws-Canary double feature with two shorts first.

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Phillip R Campey
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2013 05:44 AM      Profile for Phillip R Campey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Halloween films will be:

Trick or Treat 200ft sound
Night on bald mountain 400ft
Disney legend of sleepy hallow 800ft
Aliens full feature

I can't wait, I just hope the weather stays mild

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2013 07:51 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Guys,

not sure what I'll play - maybe a programme of cutdowns - Amityville Horror, The Uncanny, The Omen and Damien Omen 2 and finish with the 3x 400ft copy of The Exorcist. Or I could do a Hammer triple bill of features - The Curse of Frankenstein, Dracula and The Mummy or maybe - Scope features of Poltergeist and Halloween.

David

Allan Broadfield
Master Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2013 02:20 PM      Profile for Allan Broadfield   Author's Homepage   Email Allan Broadfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For a while, with my last remaining son still at home, we used to run the Universal thirties and forties favourites over Halloween (on DVD, sorry, my cut downs went years ago!). Now he's got his own family, so I just dip my toe in if the mood takes me. Nice to know that it's all still happening for many of you.
Incidentaly. I don't know when the Castle cutdowns first came out, but I remember having fun running my 8mm print of 'Bride' onto the house opposite. Don't know if anyone noticed!

[ October 05, 2013, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: Allan Broadfield ]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC