8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Telecine

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Telecine
Rui Luis
Film Handler

- posted October 23, 2013 04:52 AM      Profile for Rui Luis   Author's Homepage   Email Rui Luis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,
Somebody can tell me what the best way or the best projector to do Telecinema?

Thanks!
Knd Regards

|  IP: Logged

Mike McCord
Film Handler

- posted October 23, 2013 12:26 PM      Profile for Mike McCord   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good question - but there is not an "easy or simple" answer.
My advice to you is to start searching for the topic - telecine.

This forum has a lot of older posts pertaining to this subject.

Use google or bing to search the web. Read each "hit" and look inside it for additional links to other articles.

Good luck.

Rui Luis
Film Handler

- posted October 23, 2013 01:46 PM      Profile for Rui Luis   Author's Homepage   Email Rui Luis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Mike. Yes i already made a lot of search in web, and there is a lot of information, but is hard to understand what the best way [Smile] Do you know any professional scanner to make this?

Thanks

Mike McCord
Film Handler

- posted October 23, 2013 05:19 PM      Profile for Mike McCord   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not sure what you are asking about. A company that does this entire conversion process for you, or a company that makes equipment for you to use to convert your own 8mm film.

Both exist. A quick look at eBay will show you any number of either of these

I have been playing with the AMBICO and KALIMAR video conversion units (small screen, 45 degree mirror, and lens) with some success. It is imperative that one uses a 12x optical zoom video camera with manual settings (focus - etc.) as well as a variable speed projector. I have played with lamp and motor speed control, but still am not "there" technically with this approach.

I am thinking that the only way to get really good results is to use the single image snapshot approach where you single step the projector - per frame - and take a video snapshot of each frame, then combine these individual files into a movie.

I can do the mechanics and the electronics. It is the optical stuff that is still beyond my reach. But, I keep reading and trying different things. This is cheaper than hanging out in a bar and shooting pool...

Pete Richards
Master Film Handler

- posted October 23, 2013 09:19 PM      Profile for Pete Richards   Email Pete Richards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The optical stuff is actually really easy, drop me an email and I can walk you through it.

Mike McCord
Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2013 07:31 AM      Profile for Mike McCord   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pete - Thank you! Please excuse the lapsed time since your generous offer. I have been distracted with real work lately. I look forward to accepting your assistance as soon as I settle back into my retired lifestyle. It may be another week.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC