8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Sankyo Sound 800

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sankyo Sound 800
Michael Wright
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 04, 2013 05:21 PM      Profile for Michael Wright   Email Michael Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just bought one of these excellent projectors. Doe anyone have a pdf of the instruction manual? Cheers Mike

|  IP: Logged

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted December 04, 2013 05:29 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats on getting a very nice projector Michael. You can get the manual here http://www.film-tech.com/warehouse/manuals/SANKYO800.pdf

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 04, 2013 05:30 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's one on this site in the Manuals section. Click on Manuals in the top left corner of the screen and scroll down to 8mm projectors, it's the last projector in the list.

Well done on buying the Sankyo Stereo 800, in my opinion probably the best upper mid range projector produced.

Mike [Cool]

Edit: Oops - posted at the same moment as Janice!

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Pete Richards
Master Film Handler

- posted December 04, 2013 08:22 PM      Profile for Pete Richards   Email Pete Richards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just on that, has anyone ever tried improving the sound circuits on the 800?

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted December 04, 2013 10:10 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well Pete...I'm pretty good at blowing out the circuits :-)

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted December 04, 2013 10:19 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very often you can get a lot better sound out of many projectors by connecting them to external speakers and amps: often the sound circuitry is capable of a lot better performance than is acheivable through the internal speaker.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 05, 2013 12:46 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to use my Sankyo Stereo 800s for regular film shows at a local resource centre. I connected the 800s to the centre's sound system via the headphone socket, this was a tip that the late Derek Simmonds gave me, it means that you can adjust the volume and tone on the projector which is particularly useful when the external amp is distant from the projection area.

The sound was great, certainly as good as the sound from my GS 1200s, possibly even better.

Mike [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Michael Wright
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 05, 2013 02:57 AM      Profile for Michael Wright   Email Michael Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Janice and Mike. THANK YOU both! [Smile]

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted December 05, 2013 05:04 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A great projector. Some owners prefer it to an Elmo GS-1200. There's less to go wrong!

--------------------
Maurice

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted December 05, 2013 08:06 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a Sankyo 700 which is a good machine so I suppose the 800 model must be better. I changed the belt recently (but with a round one and not a plate one like the one that was inside previousely) and the projector slowed down for a fraction of seconds (like if it was going to stop) several times during the beginning of a film I projected (the machine is modified to allow 360 meters capacity reels). So I opened and put one drop of machine oil on both wheels. It improved the things as I noticed only one "slowing down" until the end of the film. So the problem is not 100 % solved (I have to replace the round belt by a plate one) but the oil drop was not a bad idea.

--------------------
Dominique

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted December 05, 2013 08:36 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The correct belt in a projector from the motor to the mechanism is important. If it's not the same shape it can cause a difference in the driving speed.
A drop of oil, or a spot of grease always helps.

--------------------
Maurice

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC