8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » The 2014 East Lancashire Film Fair (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: The 2014 East Lancashire Film Fair
Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted January 05, 2014 03:19 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its that time again and arrangements are going full steam ahead. Once again you can expect a full array of film traders offering film gauges 8mm, 9.5mm, 17.5mm, 16mm and 35mm both films and equipment items. Plus the usual memorabilia posters, lobby cards and cinema items and yes popcorn will be available as well. We will be projecting films again this year and I have encouraged all cine traders to have a projector working should you wish to view a more expensive film before parting with your money. I will also have both 16mm and super 8 projectors set up as per usual. I'm pleased to report that some new faces have joined us this year as we continue to grow as well.

So the rest is all up to you. Come and enjoy a fun filled film collecting day in the heart of Lancashire and spend some time with like minded film friends, even make new ones.
 -

Note to dealers: We have an influx of new film traders so please book your table as quickly as possible as we are nearly fully booked already. Thanks.

|  IP: Logged

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2014 07:38 AM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lee count me and the wife in please. Kid free that weekend so might come up on the Friday and stay over night before. Anywhere to park up a VW camper for the night?

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted January 06, 2014 04:22 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Will I will find you a nice spot. [Cool]

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted January 06, 2014 06:02 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As a dealer? If so, do you have a list of items for sale?

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2014 10:42 AM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar I am not a dealer I only started collecting again so have the sum total of about 10 reels [Smile]

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 19, 2014 12:13 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a very well run cine fair I am hoping to attend this year will be speaking with lee shortly

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted January 19, 2014 01:14 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are most kind David.
I’m down to the last couple of empty dealer tables now so anyone thinking of booking a table to trade from had better get a shake on. I’m expecting the last couple of tables to go this coming week.. Amazing response this year which is rewarding to know people value cine.

Free car parking
Breakfast cafe right next to venue
and a very warm welcome at the East Lancashire Film Fair

Coffee and Tea still only 50p all day long!

Clyde Miles
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 19, 2014 04:19 PM      Profile for Clyde Miles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'm going to try to make it there, hopefully arrive good friday, stay the night and enjoy the saturday.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted January 21, 2014 02:26 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lee
Can you advise who are confirmed as sellers?

--------------------
Maurice

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted January 22, 2014 05:22 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don’t do it Maurice as I feel it spoils the surprise factor of attending events. I’m hoping to arrange a couple of extra little treats for visitors to further expand and something that has never been done before. We keep trying…

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 22, 2014 05:29 AM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
....long way from Brum but hope to make it Lee...

--------------------
Yannis

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 22, 2014 07:24 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
remember my saying support it or lose it .plenty people always asks for pics of these cine fairs .why not go and see one for your self .has most people live very close to these fairs but never go .for anyone attending blackpool this year in nov will be blown away with the new attraction that will be attending

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted January 22, 2014 08:20 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes David you are quite right it does get hard to get people to turn out and I don’t actually think giving out the whole spiel prior to staging this kind of event is good marketing although my own event is well publicised with the few hundred handouts delivered and the ebay listings. Unbelievably this will be my 6th East Lancashire Fair and it takes much work as David and others will also know to make the magic happen and it will on the day rest assured so come along find some amazing bargains, enjoy the day with some like minded fellow movie fans and help keep the social part of our hobby a-goin.

Nearer the time I will do my traditional post highlighting some special items which will only be available on the day.
Happy collecting! [Cool]

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted January 22, 2014 08:51 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It would cost me around £56 to come by car so I want to know what to expect.

--------------------
Maurice

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2014 04:30 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think lees poster says everything you need to know regarding what to expect,as a matter of interest Maurice what would you like to see at lees film fair

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted January 23, 2014 04:45 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, David, I was surely disappointed with the Ealing do recently. DVDs were everywhere. Some Super 8 films, but very few 16mm films of any interest. It was 16mm films that I went specifically to buy. Yes, I found a few, Perrys had some "under the counter", I looked at Ian's Super 8 offerings and then said, "actually I'm looking for 16mm." So he produced some which I was able to buy.

In answer to your question, I need to know if there will be dealers at East Lancashire who will be selling 16mm films, but Lee seems to be a trifle coy in saying who will be there to sell.

--------------------
Maurice

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2014 04:56 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes Maurice I was told most of the stuff was dvds at ealing as a matter of interest was you pleased with what was on offer at blackpool re 16mm films etc ,I am taking a load to farnworth film in feb and features will be from 30 .00 onwards all complete films titles and end

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted January 23, 2014 10:58 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David
I did not go to Blackpool recently. Can't remember the last time I went, but Derann were there (with high asking prices.)
Living as I do in Bristol, I sorely miss Geoff Wheeler's Tadley Big Screen Time. I could drive there in just about one hour. (Aldermaston, just south-west of Reading.)

--------------------
Maurice

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2014 12:16 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maurice
I'm with you on that one. The Northern fairs are just too far to go on the offchance, so I restrict my travels to the Ealing event but like you I have been disappointed with that one recently. I so wish that someone would stage a West Country show.
Lee - I believe that you have got it wrong by not disclosing basic things. The best way to sell is always to advertise. Why hide your light under a bushel?

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted January 24, 2014 02:43 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The thing about the distance people travel reminds me of a guy we bumped into at what was the Chiswick 9-5 day/fair. This chap had travelled 20 miles and complained how far he had to come to the event, so when we explained a group of us regularly travelled down from Lancashire and some from Scotland he replied and I quote ‘you must be bloody mad’. Let’s hope people continue to support film fairs or they will all go to the wall and everyone can sit at home mincing on how much they miss them.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted January 24, 2014 02:44 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The thing about the distance people travel reminds me of a guy we bumped into at what was the Chiswick 9-5 day/fair. This chap had travelled 20 miles and complained how far he had to come to the event, so when we explained a group of us regularly travelled down from Lancashire and some from Scotland he replied and I quote ‘you must be bloody mad’. Let’s hope people continue to support film fairs or they will all go to the wall and everyone can sit at home mincing on how much they miss them.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted January 24, 2014 04:18 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Let's hope people continue to support film fairs
Perhaps they will if they know what to expect. How about it, Lee.

--------------------
Maurice

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2014 07:36 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree, post the list of dealers who have confirmed they will be attending and it will boost your numbers on the day!

I still go to film events, despite not being so involved with the hobby anymore, but if I am to travel a distance to one I would want to know who was going to be dealing on the day. I know I'm not alone in that, so being "coy" Lee probably isn't doing you any favours...

In any case, I am sure it will be a good day out and wish you every success with it!

Mike [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted January 24, 2014 11:27 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We film collectors in the USA only wish that we had the opportunity to complain about a 200 mile trip to a film collection.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted January 24, 2014 01:01 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would have loved to be able to go to the "Ealing" convention, just to meet up and chat, if possible to some of the people that have done so much over the years to promote this hobby.

Graham.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC