8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Laughter On Pink Panther

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Laughter On Pink Panther
Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted January 05, 2014 04:42 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just been running "Pinkadilly Circus" which I bought from fellow member Michael Scheck and was surprised that at every funny situation/joke there was laughter.
Is this usual with the Super 8 Pink Panther releases, or were they like this on their 35mm cinema outings?

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted January 05, 2014 05:02 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I have around 6 of these shorts Maurice and all of the Waltons I have do not have the studio audience laughter present but the imported Italian prints all contain the laughter. the same on the Scooby Doo Techno prints.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted January 05, 2014 05:14 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is a French Film Office release but which seems designed for sale in Germany as the main title is in English with a German title under it. Also, anything written in English (such as:- "I'm going home to Mother") has a small subtitle in German.

--------------------
Maurice

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2014 05:45 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Obviously taken from television prints where they did add a laugh track.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted January 05, 2014 01:19 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Mine must be from TV negatives also, though no subtitles on my Italian prints though probably none required for Pink Panther films. The main essence of the soundtrack being the fantastic Henri Mancini theme tune! The Walton prints have come from a far superior source and have far better colour but the Italian prints offer titles that were never available by Walton.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted January 05, 2014 01:57 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Film Office print has beautiful colour on Agfa stock.

--------------------
Maurice

Michael Scheck
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2014 09:09 AM      Profile for Michael Scheck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not all of the Film Office released Pink Panther Cartoons have the "laughter track"!
There are some Pink Panther Cartoons they released that got the full theatrical credits - they come with just the Mancini score and noises - without laughter.

Zechariah Sporre
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2014 09:28 AM      Profile for Zechariah Sporre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have around 10 Pink Panthers and I would have to watch them again to say for sure how many or which ones have the laugh track but I would say probably half do. They are mostly Film Office and a couple Waltons. I recently upgraded my Pink Valiant and as I recall my old one (Film Office) had the laugh track and the new one (Walton) does not.

--------------------
There is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 06, 2014 12:54 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Only the first few years were the Pink Panthers actually released theatrically first and then to TV. I wouldn't be surprised if in the 70's, you would find "laugh track" versions in the movie theaters.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC