8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Super 8 digital scanner

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Super 8 digital scanner
Thomas Dafnides
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 15, 2014 07:20 PM      Profile for Thomas Dafnides     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is from a German manufacturer....if anyone wants to dip their toes into this...I would certainly like to read a personal review...please note the " lifetime guarantee".
http://www.hammacher.com/Product/Default.aspx?sku=84473&promo=Electronics-Media-Conversion&catid=98&PID=4003003&source=cj&utm_source=Affiliate&utm_medium=CPA&utm_campaign=CJ

|  IP: Logged

Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 15, 2014 09:27 PM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How does it preserve the audio? I don't see any speaker or volume control knobs anywhere. I can bring reels of home movies to be digitally captured on dvd to a shop for a hell of alot less than $1800 US.

John Hermes
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2014 02:06 AM      Profile for John Hermes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"I can bring reels of home movies to be digitally captured on dvd to a shop for a hell of alot less than $1800 US."
Kind of comparing apples and oranges here, aren't you? For $1800 you're BUYING the machine to do the transfers, not paying someone to transfer them. It's obviously a silent machine as it takes twice real time to transfer footage.

--------------------
John Hermes

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC