8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » No Lamp Assembly

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: No Lamp Assembly
Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 20, 2014 10:43 PM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Picked up a CHINON 7000MV that has no lamp assembly. It has the white cap that the lamp plugs into, but no metal plate that the white cap is usually soldered to in order to keep it stationary so the wire it's attahed to is just "Loosey-Goosey" and it doesn't have the aluminum heat shield that goes over the bulb. Is this an easy fix? I'm not very mechanically inclined and I don't have a soldering iron, but if there's something simple I can rig it would be worth it. Other than that the machine runs fine.

|  IP: Logged

Paul Mason
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2014 07:02 AM      Profile for Paul Mason     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Brad,
The Chinon 7000MV takes a 12volts 100watts EFP mirror lamp. It sounds as though the wire clip and the 12v plug is still present? You may be able to get a heat shield from another Chinon or fashion one from a piece of aluminium perhaps perforated with holes. Lamp holders for these lamps are still available.
Lamp holders

--------------------
Paul.

John Selph
Junior

- posted January 26, 2014 02:22 PM      Profile for John Selph   Email John Selph   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You might even want to experiment with an LED upgrade.

--------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
- Groucho Marx -

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 26, 2014 04:03 PM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are no LED lamps powerful enough for full projection.

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC