8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » lower loop lost on Elmo ST 1200

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: lower loop lost on Elmo ST 1200
Alee Peoples
Junior

- posted March 31, 2014 07:34 PM      Profile for Alee Peoples   Email Alee Peoples   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all, looking for some repair advice. My newly acquired Elmo ST 1200 is very clean and apparently was serviced before I bought it, but almost every time a splice goes through the gate, the lower loop is lost and is hard to recover. I've tried a few things mentioned in posts here concerning 'jitter' like, lessening the tension on the take up reel, lessening the tension on the various springs near the lower loop... have only played with the upper spring on the gate, not the lower one.

Was hoping to take this projector on tour in two weeks.

Thanks for any suggestions.

|  IP: Logged

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted March 31, 2014 08:34 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check the splices. make sure they are smooth. Tape splices used to go through my st1200 very nicely.

John Hermes
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 31, 2014 10:45 PM      Profile for John Hermes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had an ST-180 which came back from "servicing" once with the same symptoms. I compared it to another I had and noticed the claw protrusion was much less than on the good projector. I sent it back with that info and it came back fixed. Your problem may be something like that.

--------------------
John Hermes

James E. Stubbs
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 31, 2014 11:06 PM      Profile for James E. Stubbs   Email James E. Stubbs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've had an 1200 1200D and am the proud owner on an 1200HD and they are fantastic. I'm going to second what's been said. Check your splices. The lower loop on mine is a bit touchy as well. Loosen it up using very small adjustments until you can consistently pass your splices.
Cheers,

--------------------
James E. Stubbs
Consultant, Vagabond, Traveler.

frank arnstein
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 05, 2014 09:53 PM      Profile for frank arnstein   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Loosen it up using very small adjustments"

Loosen what up James?
Please expand on what this means....

Dogtor Frankarnstein. [Confused]

--------------------
At Projector Heaven the Focus is always on Detail.

____
[o:/o]<|=- dogtor@projectorheaven.com.au
//``\\
-----------------------------------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC