8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » 8mm Kodak movie making guide

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 8mm Kodak movie making guide
Matthew Smith
Junior

- posted April 07, 2014 04:41 AM      Profile for Matthew Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, a while ago I found this pdf by chance, of an old kodak 8mm movie making guide, which was reasonably long, and taught you about tips and tricks when filming 8mm. I believe it included parts specifically about the brownie 8mm movie cameras. It had all kinds of tips about how to make home movies better and so on. I did have it but lost it, and I really would like to take a look at it again, but whatever I search I can't find the pdf or name of the book/guide again on the internet.

Does anyone have any idea what it could have been called or where the pdf could be? Things like kodak 8mm movie making guide/manual hasn't led me to it. Thanks.

|  IP: Logged

Thomas Dafnides
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2014 07:31 PM      Profile for Thomas Dafnides     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Peter Gowland wrote a very good book for basic home movie-making back in the 50's.....you might want to search for this.

Matthew Smith
Junior

- posted April 08, 2014 03:33 AM      Profile for Matthew Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Thomas, I will have a look for it. I just found this book interesting as it had a lot of extra information and tips about the brownie camera which I have as well as some amateur tips like how to make title sequences using a newspaper to measure for the right exposure with your light meter and so on. But the pdf might be impossible to find or deleted off the internet. Thanks [Smile]

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted April 08, 2014 06:16 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are these three links helpful?
http://voices.yahoo.com/guide-aspiring-8mm-filmmakers-using-kodak-5355393.html?cat=24
http://voices.yahoo.com/aspiring-8mm-filmmakers-guide-using-kodak-brownie-5360487.html?cat=34
http://voices.yahoo.com/the-aspiring-8mm-film-makers-guide-using-kodak-5366623.html?cat=40

--------------------
Maurice

Matthew Smith
Junior

- posted April 08, 2014 07:06 AM      Profile for Matthew Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Maurice, I already know how to operate the camera I have, the book was more about movie making tips, but since it was made in the time of 8mm/super 8 and spoke a lot about the brownie cameras, so it was quite handy and enlightening in that respect. I appreciate the thought though thanks. I found the pdf scan of the book in an odd place I think like the pdf sharing site scribd, so it likely disappeared or is so hard to get to its hard to deliberately find it. There are probably other books and articles too, I just enjoy learning more about using 8mm and am not so interested in buying books or anything right now.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC