8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Kodak Ektasound 285 Moviedeck Projector

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kodak Ektasound 285 Moviedeck Projector
James Romero
Film Handler

- posted April 22, 2014 01:05 AM      Profile for James Romero   Email James Romero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone have the owners manual for the Kodak Ektasound 285 Moviedeck Projector? I'm looking for a copy.

|  IP: Logged

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 22, 2014 07:26 AM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a PDF of the 265. Would that help?
Terry

James Romero
Film Handler

- posted April 22, 2014 07:48 AM      Profile for James Romero   Email James Romero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I would love that. Could you e-mail the file to me? I also sent you a private e-mail.

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 22, 2014 08:32 AM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's on the way James!
Good luck.
Terry

Fred Joseph Mullins
Junior

- posted December 14, 2014 06:42 PM      Profile for Fred Joseph Mullins   Email Fred Joseph Mullins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, I wanted to inquire if anyone still had the PDF of the 265 available. I have a 285 which was working wonderfully but the bulb recently burned out. I replaced it with a brand new ELB bulb but it still won't illuminate. Just looking for possible solutions...

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted December 14, 2014 07:40 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fred...PM me your email address and I'll send you a MovieDeck User Manual and the Service Manual.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Fred Joseph Mullins
Junior

- posted December 15, 2014 10:45 AM      Profile for Fred Joseph Mullins   Email Fred Joseph Mullins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Will do. Thanks so much!

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 15, 2014 12:43 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I always liked the design of these moviedescks (and one of the first projectors I personally owned was one of these), but they really aren't kindest projectors on film. That, and you can only go up to a 400ft reel, but what a design!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted December 15, 2014 12:46 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fred...My guess is that neither of these manuals will help with the lamp issue. If the original lamp was working and then went out and now the new lamp is not working, then could mean that the new lamp is bad. On the other hand if something electrical failed that caused the original lamp to lose power and go out could mean both lamps are still good and there's something wrong with the projector.

In either case the manuals do not address this type of problem. You should test both bulbs to see if they are working or not.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC