8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Whats your latest addition? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Whats your latest addition?
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted April 22, 2014 10:05 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love Lee Mannering's thread of "what did you watch last night so in the same frame of thinking I thought I'd follow in Lee's footsteps with this thread, the idea being for us all to share what films,(and/or Projectors), we have added to our collections today, or this week, (only if you wish to of course). Don't want to know anything about prices etc, that's just nosey, but if you wish to simply tell us what you just purchased, perhaps a line or two of were you happy with it, maybe just 1 or 2 image's if you wish, was the quality as described or whatever [Wink]
It will also perhaps give us all an idea of how the second hand market is bearing up.
Ohhh, one more thing, It will be unfair to say who you purchased it from, keep that info along with price to yourself please otherwise I feel the thread would be removed.
As a starter, from the previous couple of weeks I purchased a couple of scope trailers,
First up was the Deer Hunter, haven't seen this one on the lists for ages, Colour is good, image is good if just not quite pin sharp,
Paint your wagon, now this one does have an A in every way, (I never knew Andre Previn did some of the music for the additional song's in this film)and it fills the scope screen with action.
 -
 -

And awaiting for the Postman we are also adding a rare scope trailer for a spaghetti western called Crambola, (a film that cashed in on the Terrence Hill films),
Plus British Gaumont newsreel from 1936. [Wink]

Remember, this is just a thread to share what films you have just added to your collection very recently so keep anything you have just watched on Lee's excellent thread. [Wink]

[ April 23, 2014, 02:53 AM: Message edited by: Tom Photiou ]

|  IP: Logged

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted April 22, 2014 10:32 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My two latest was from Mr. Scott

Captain Blood, 2x400' Derann
 -

-

The Sea Hawk, 2x400' Derann
 -

-

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 22, 2014 10:20 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just got a nice print of A world is Born from the dino sequence in Fantasia. It is a Tech print and has beautiful color. There is a minute Eastman section luckily in the lava sequence where it only had red and yellow anyway. Will try to post a pic soon.

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted April 22, 2014 11:04 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Elvis Presley in Blue Hawaii. I think his best film.

Thank you, thank you very much!

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted April 22, 2014 11:38 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom

That was one trl I kept thinking about buying, but never did. Your screen shots of it look great. The print of "Mutiny on the Bounty" trl has the same stunning color, but on the sound side a bit poor.

Graham.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted April 23, 2014 12:09 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, does this include equipments too (projectors, viewers, screen, etc) just to give the distinguished idea with Lee's thread?

--------------------
Winbert

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted April 23, 2014 02:52 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert, although I was thinking mainly films I think that's a good idea, defiantly include maybe Projectors,(or major cine equipment) as well, after all without good projectors in the market we cant show our films & again it gives us all a good idea how good the stuff out there on the market still is.
Graham, the Mutiny on the Bounty trailer does have excellent picture and colour however, I do have to say the copy we have does also have good sound, could yours have possibly been a faulty copy on the sound side? [Wink] On the up side MOTB is a nice long trailer where as our new Paint your Wagon trailer is only average length, the movie was well long enough to warrant a long promo length.

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 24, 2014 06:02 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whisky Galore 4x600ft feature, not watched it yet though, , Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Ernie Zahn
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 24, 2014 06:26 AM      Profile for Ernie Zahn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got a very nice print of Casablanca, which I had re-recorded. It's now ready for primetime! Looking forward to screening it this summer.

--------------------
Check out the trailer for my feature length Spaghetti-style Western:

Six and Bisti

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted April 24, 2014 06:34 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Tom.

1936 9.5mm sound film 'The Shows The Thing'
Featuring Billy Merrin & his Commanders, Ronald Frankau, Jessie the Child Impersonator...20 minutes and all amazing stuff.

And here is the superb Jessie the child impersonator. Boy can that lass dance and sing!

A quick snap off screen

-

And yes that is 9.5mm and very sharp indeed.

[ April 24, 2014, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: Lee Mannering ]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 24, 2014 06:07 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
My latest is the Derann print of Hello Dolly! on 6 x 600ft reels initially, now on 2x Large Beaulieu spools. Lovely print, no lines or scratches, in Scope and stereo with beautiful vibrant colour throughout. I love a decent musical and this, I feel, is up there with the best. Very pleased with it [Razz]

I was also hoping for Gentleman prefer Blondes in the near future, but sadly got let down with it.

Great idea Tom BTW!!

[ April 26, 2014, 06:53 AM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Jason Gronn
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 28, 2014 02:16 AM      Profile for Jason Gronn   Email Jason Gronn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A new addition arrived today, a very nice print of Star Trek Generations 6x 400" reels.

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 28, 2014 05:00 AM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The river-Pare Lorenz from Blackhawk.

--------------------
Yannis

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted April 28, 2014 05:14 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No pictures, but got a 16mm The Small One, a 4x400' Run of the Arrow (B/W sadly) Super 8, Regular 8 Swiss Miss 4x400' Sound and Pinocchio Comes to Life, Super 8

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 30, 2014 10:59 AM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Captain America from The Reel Image [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 30, 2014 12:04 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My little girl, 15 months ago ... lovely Heather.

OH!!! Your talking film!! [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 01, 2014 11:47 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
This week I purchased two tiny gems,
British Gaumont British news from 1936, fully loaded and packed and from a private seller I purchased the promo/extra long trailer for A Shot in the Dark in Scope. Although I did pay a wee bit more than my scruples normally tell me the shot in the dark trailer is a great little reel, I would love the feature in scope of this title. Quality on both are excellent and pleased with the purchases. [Wink]
 -

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 01, 2014 02:27 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My latest films is the box that's currently at Vidars place (haven't gotten around to pick it up yet). About 10-15 reels, some Norwegian titles, a few WWII docs etc.

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted May 01, 2014 03:10 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Incredible Shrinking Woman from Steve Osborne.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 06, 2014 02:57 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This week I purchased the trailer to the 2009 Star Trek movie, a good modern film with all the usual action, quality is very good, (title are not English though)but another scope addition. [Smile]

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 06, 2014 11:36 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I took several pics but this one came out best.

-

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 07, 2014 04:13 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bought from super 8 warehouse in The Netherlands the digest "Buch And Sundance : The Early Days" in French (Butch Cassidy et le kid : premiers exploits), very well edited, Le vison, a French (complete story) part of a film which had several small parts completely differents (also with differents actos for each part), this part is with Mireille Darc and His Picture In The Papers, a silent film with Douglas Fairbanks. I have just watched the two first films but not the silent one, yet.

--------------------
Dominique

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 24, 2014 06:06 PM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My latest addition, that arrived on friday, is I Ought to Be in Pictures by Neil Simon. Starring Walter Mathau, Ann-Margret and Dina Manoff. It's on 16MM and with great colors. Don't know what stock it is since I have not been able to find any markings what so ever. But it must be LPP or some other low fade stock as the colors have no fading at all.

--------------------
"The trouble with these international affairs is that they attract foreigners"

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 29, 2014 03:13 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Received today is my first Pepe la pew cartoon, original plastic case and in great condition.
 -

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted May 29, 2014 04:18 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My last ones are Poltergeist Super 8 feature, which came with three freebies. Is This War?, Super 8 silent, The Golden Voyage of Sinbad, Super 8 color (only red, but still :-)) sound and The Young Lions, Super 8 B/W sound

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC