8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Developing Kodachrome 40

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Developing Kodachrome 40
Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted April 24, 2014 04:25 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just found a reel of family film that I want to get developed. Where in the USA can this still be done?

Thanks

PatD

-

|  IP: Logged

Paul Thrussell
Junior

- posted April 24, 2014 04:41 PM      Profile for Paul Thrussell   Email Paul Thrussell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your only option at this point is to have it processed into B&W since the very specialized soup needed to process K40 isn't available anymore. [Frown]

Spectra Film and Video can process as B&W, but it's pricey. There's a few others, but I can't recall any of them off the top of my head (aside from Film Rescue, who are in Canada though.)

Ernie Zahn
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 24, 2014 11:03 PM      Profile for Ernie Zahn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are many tutorials online to show you how to develop this into b&w at home. But it requires patience and following the steps to the letter.

--------------------
Check out the trailer for my feature length Spaghetti-style Western:

Six and Bisti

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted April 25, 2014 02:25 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul

Thx for the info I sent Spectra am email. they are in CA.

Ernie

I would never attempt it myself.

Patd

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted April 25, 2014 03:24 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Following their site, the film is processed as black and white negative film, it costs 65 $ and takes up to 90 days.

--------------------
Dominique

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted April 26, 2014 05:57 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got an email from them and yes the cost is 65.00 the 90 days is because they have to make a batch of chemicals to develop the film. The it has to be transferred to DVD to watch it.

The best part of the email was that the person that responded was from where I live. Small world.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted April 26, 2014 12:31 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sad that Kodak stopped processing their cartridges withb the number of it still in circulation. I guess you cannot change history but at least you can express regrets :-)

--------------------
Dominique

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC