8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Northwest Film Fair Hilton Hotel Blackpool (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Author Topic: Northwest Film Fair Hilton Hotel Blackpool
David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 13, 2014 04:54 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you can get a coach from London to blackpool or a train don't know cost but if you book a month before you will get a fanastic rate ,also there a airport at blackpool as well ,Ryanair does cheep flights they land at Liverpool and Manchester i got a flight with Ryanair from Manchester to teneriffe for £19.00

|  IP: Logged

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 13, 2014 05:09 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After the horrible way Ryan Air treated us, I will NEVER put my money, no matter how little, in that piece of BLEEP company ... I rather buy a raft and row :-)

But that seem to be the problem, there's no cheap flights I have found yet, but will try an agency tomorrow or next week to see. How long would a coach ride be from London to Blackpool then?

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted June 13, 2014 11:44 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
It would take at least 4-5 hours Vidar, maybe even longer, much better if you can land at Manchester then you are within 50 miles of Blackpool

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 14, 2014 03:06 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also checked the possibility of going to Blackpool from London but it seemed expensive and difficul with the timetables (as I remember there were few trains a day, especially on a Sunday). It may be ok for somone who already lives in london or its area but it becomes more difficult if you must first travel to London.

--------------------
Dominique

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 14, 2014 05:30 AM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...just forget trains from London-especially on Sunday-guys! I'm in Bham & the earliest train I can get is around 9 arriving Blackpool North after 12 noon...fly to Manchester & get the train straight to Blackpool

--------------------
Yannis

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 14, 2014 05:42 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Train, not bus from Manchester? I have checked flights and I can get a fair (for Norway anyway) flight at about 150 GBP, so I hope I can get this sorted, but still a few things to check

Appreciate the hints here, thanks

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted June 14, 2014 02:34 PM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
is there nothing into liverpool john lennon airport. you would be so much nearer to blackpool from there. i can only say it is most certainly worth making the effort for this event. last years was superb. anyone interested in film collecting will go away with many bargains.the venue is also top notch.not to be missed.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted June 14, 2014 04:02 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Trains from London are no problem, but it's not realistic to set off on Sunday morning! But it's a straightforward journey with one change at Preston. Lowest journey time is 2 hrs 45 mins. The best advance fares become available 12 weeks before. If you can be very flexible regarding time of travel, the lowest fares are £16 each way.

For the full Blackpool experience, if you are travelling some distance, you ideally want to stay there on Saturday and Sunday nights, making it an enjoyable short holiday as well as a convention. I'll post some Saturday dinner details soon.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 14, 2014 04:05 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, that's an option that might be okay for us. We thought getting to London maybe on the 14th or so, then go straight to Blackpool and hopefully be there at evening time on the 14th. We would want to stay in Blackpool until 18th or so, unless we combine with a trip to Liverpool. How far is Liverpool from Blackpool, BTW?

All the feedback is highly appreciated, as it's difficult to find the relevant info here in Norway

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 14, 2014 04:28 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
About 55 miles I think Allow 1.5 hours

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 14, 2014 04:33 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Liverpool lime st railway station to blackpool railway station is 57 miles

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 14, 2014 04:46 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That would be about an hour? I don't know miles so well, we are metric here :-)

Thanks

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 14, 2014 05:59 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's about 92 kilometers.

--------------------
Dominique

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted June 16, 2014 12:56 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As we are forecasting many collectors travelling so many miles from outside the UK well in advance of North West Film Fair Day can I propose some of us Brits organise some filmic entertainment prior to the event in Blackpool in the form of a 8mm film screening somewhere for our international friends? I lay my Elmo Xenon at anyone’s disposal… Lets look after our distance visitors folks for the fantastic excellent NW Film Fair.

Post your interest here and it will happen!

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 16, 2014 01:00 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Best suggestion I've heard in a long time :-) Sounds amazing and maybe even easier to get to meet everyone too. I know from last years BFCC, I was very focused on the films for sale (Sorry, Mark, wish I had time to talk more to you and one man from Greece too)

Captain America would be fun to see, as I have some doubts about digital to film transfers (thinking they'll not be as filmey as films are)

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted June 16, 2014 01:10 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Post interest here………………

If we get enough interest and UK support we can project two programmes of 8mm including Capt America, BOND in scope for our visitors. Let’s celebrate 8mm in the 21st century (yes 8mm is still going) and give our international visitors a special North West welcome. Super 8 has seen some bumper releases in the last 12 months and its time to party home projectionists!

I’m guessing the gala dinner is also taking place prior to the big Film Collecting day as well so lets make it a weekend to remember. Super 8mm has never been so good and I know Davids NW Film Fair is going to be amazing!!

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 16, 2014 01:55 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not going to the dinner thingy, too picky about food. But what day or time would your suggestion take place, Mr. Mannering? If I do get the chance to go, I'll be there. And it's another insentive to go :-) I do want to travel to London also, because I want to check out the shop that Umit has. Hoping he's still in business

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted June 17, 2014 12:49 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Friday evening so as not to interfere with the dinner and main event in any way Vidar. That’s the great thing about the NW Film Fair you can make an excellent weekend of it with like minded collectors. If we get enough interest I’m sure we can put on a Friday eve show somewhere local perhaps including a little 9.5mm and 16mm as well?

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 17, 2014 11:39 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The man from Greece has the same problem with you ,Vidar.I don't want to start conversations from the moment I arrive, and this must be the opening time! The earliest you start searching around,the better. For the same reason I don't attend the film programs,at least the earlier ones.Usually,in the afternoon,when I have searched at every seller's stall,every box at every corner,I can take a break and,perhaps have something to eat,talk with friends and attend a film show.Then, back for a second round (the bring and buy stalls hold surprises at all times) and time to converse with others. And we,(the Greek Mafia) always stay till the end.You never know what you will find even at the last moment. And if you are at the BFCC I strongly suggest you attend the 9.5 Film Group show,(if the date coincides) in Pimlico. This,along with a good dinner will complete a very full and exciting day!

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 17, 2014 05:04 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was you that said hi to me then :-) ... Went a bit quick, not meant to be rude or anything. Yes, next time, I'll probably stay to the end. And it looks like a Blackpool trip is possible, so now I am getting ready to sort the details of place to stay, coaches and flights. Want to get a day in Umit and Sons shop in London too

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted June 21, 2014 04:41 PM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello lee. sadly i wont be there friday night. im staying over sat/sun at the hilton. i think it an excellent idea though to screen films on the friday night. i know several arrive friday and return home on the monday.making a great long weekend. my good friend bob nicholls for one.and projections editor pete travers and his wife. i feel blackpool this year will be the best yet. i shall be helping out on the bring and buy again. a great way as an alternative to the auction to part with your unwanted films and turn them into cash. many many bargains are always found here.the nights start to draw in from today. roll on november.

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 23, 2014 05:36 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
heres a list of dealers paid and booked in at my film fair
t Hutchinson 16mm films
k ashton 16mm films proj and s
d eve 16mm films proj and 8mm
p wooding 16mm films projectors
p mellor 16mm and 35mm films and proj
k cockayne 9,5 films proj 16mm films and proj
g jones 8mm and 16mm films proj and dvds
d mclglogin 16mm and 35mm films and proj
j McGovern 16mm films
d Parkinson 16mm films and proj
a swaine 16mm and 35mm films proj
pj Churchill 16mm films and proj
a Collins 16mm and 8mm films and proj
r moss 8mm and 16mm films and proj
I rintool 8mm and 16mm films and proj
tonys rare dvds
most of the dealers will be selling other things as well
more dealers booked in paid deposit but not paid in full when they have paid I will add to list
also my self 8mm 16mm films and projectors screens and speakers
and not forgetting the 8 table bring and buy and of coarse the auction

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted June 24, 2014 06:37 AM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi David. a great list already there. and more to come. really does look as i thought. a cracking weekend ahead in november for all film buffs. i know i have said it before, but i cannot stress enough.collectors make your plans now for this fabulous event. you will not be dissapointed.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 24, 2014 07:23 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If there will be a screening/meeting on Friday, what time would that be? I think our plane would land in Manchester at about 1200 or 1300 and we'd have to get to Blackpool, find our hotel, unpack and then try to get to the place of screening.

Would we be in time?

Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 24, 2014 08:47 AM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, i noticed that there is a g jones on the list of dealers is that Ged Jones formerly of derann .also is there lots of good and rare 8mm prints usually at this convention as i havernt been for over 15 years and last time was exellent but that of course when derann where still about is it just as good now as seriously thinking of going but a long drive ,but if worth it ill definatly be there.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC