8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Cine Film Supplies is closing down

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cine Film Supplies is closing down
John Vidler
Junior

- posted April 30, 2014 02:33 AM      Profile for John Vidler   Author's Homepage   Email John Vidler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, after much thought and with regret, I am sorry to say that my web shop, www.cinefilmsupplies.co.uk is closing down. I would like to let everyone know that I have a closing down sale where I am selling off all my remaining stock.

Please have a look at the website where I have a list of everything that is for sale with prices that include UK delivery. Sorry, but this sale is for UK buyers only as international shipping would be too expensive.

I would have liked to have provided more boxes in different sizes but the economics of doing it proved too much for me. As this business was being run alongside a full time job I have found it just a bit too difficult to keep going in the current economic climate. I will still continue to collect films, but I will go back to being just a collector and not a trader! [Smile]

Thanks for everyone's support over the last 2 years - it's been fun!

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted April 30, 2014 03:13 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a great pity that John never was able to get around to 16mm boxes. I have quite a few of the 8mm boxes and I can say that they are superb, quite the best that I have come across.

--------------------
Maurice

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted April 30, 2014 04:17 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have done a wonderful Job John well done .

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 30, 2014 04:20 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Very sad news John, I have sent you a PM

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 30, 2014 05:52 AM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
....very sorry to hear so John, will send you an email soon; hope there will be someone to continue the brilliant job you started offering those great boxes!

--------------------
Yannis

John Vidler
Junior

- posted April 30, 2014 07:02 AM      Profile for John Vidler   Author's Homepage   Email John Vidler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your kind words here and also for all the PMs that I have been sent. I have had a number of messages and I will reply to everyone as soon as possible. It may take a day or two, but I will respond to everyone in the order that the messages were sent to me as I think that is the fairest thing to do. Don't forget that items can be bought directly from www.cinefilmsupplies.co.uk and I will send out any orders as soon as I can.

Cheers
John

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted April 30, 2014 07:05 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is always sad to hear that a source of film related equipment is vanishing :-(

--------------------
Dominique

James Romero
Film Handler

- posted May 01, 2014 05:37 PM      Profile for James Romero   Email James Romero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rest assured, that even though many photo stores and outlets have ceased to carry film supplies, or as in this case, go out of business, The Film Forever Company is a new company that has filled the void. Their film supply catalog continues to grow and they currently do carry the KODAK Film Box for 16mm and Super 8mm 800ft reels, film clips, cores and trailers. They also have an order department that specializes in locating items not in their catalog ... so theoretically ... they carry everything film related! To request their latest catalog ... send an e-mail to thefilmforevercompany@gmail.com.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 01, 2014 05:45 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Good to know James. Hope to deal with you in the future ;)Just need a website soon James so everyone can view your goods.

Please see my other link regarding 1200ft boxes if not already viewed... Thanks

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

John Vidler
Junior

- posted May 11, 2014 05:17 AM      Profile for John Vidler   Author's Homepage   Email John Vidler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. Just a quick message to say that today I have just sold the remainder of my stock of card boxes and 16mm film reels and cans. This means that Cine Film Supplies shop is now officially closed.

The website www.cinefilmsupplies.co.uk will continue as a resource for film makers and collectors as I intend to list links to great film sites (such as this one) and provide articles for new collectors.

If anyone would like to contribute any articles or other material or suggest some links then please contact me through the forum or via my website. The site will be a labour of love with no adverts or sales, just up to date information about who is providing products and services for film makers and collectors. The site is not intended to compete with forums, more to provide a definitive list of companies and individuals who are trading at the moment.

Cheers!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC