8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Ebay Buyers Beware

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ebay Buyers Beware
Bradford A Moore
Master Film Handler

- posted May 15, 2014 08:06 AM      Profile for Bradford A Moore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All,

There is a seller on ebay fright-site, who is currently selling a 8mm print of The Phantom Of The Opera with Lon Chaney for $135 dollars. The print was mine that I bought from larry Urbanski about 10 years ago, and a over the winter I had sold it to Brian Stearns from this forum. Brian was in need of some money, and sold it for about 25 dollars to this seller on ebay, and not knowing who he was. The guy who bought it from Brian, has now turned around to sell it. Not only at this very high price, but is saying that he needs the money for his family, and is real financial trouble. He also says that he has babied this print, and that it is in flawless shape. I know that not to be true, and that It has its share of scratches and splices. I had sold it to Brian as a starter print. Both Brian and myself are very upset to say the least. Just remember this guy fright-site, and don't buy from him! He should be stopped!

|  IP: Logged

Zechariah Sporre
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 15, 2014 08:50 AM      Profile for Zechariah Sporre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the information. I've bought prints watched them once and resold them before. But his whole cry story and pretending like he knows this film was only watched a few times is pathetic.

--------------------
There is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 15, 2014 09:50 AM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what a sob story they must be very immature. only half of his films for sale state this sob story, one almost should bid high on them then retract it.

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted May 15, 2014 12:32 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there a link to this auction?

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 15, 2014 12:48 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This looks like the seller web page
For me it has a negative effect putting a sob story on your listing.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 15, 2014 01:06 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Disgusting person.

--------------------
Dominique

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC