8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Film Fair Belgium?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Film Fair Belgium?
Ron Douglas
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 16, 2014 10:02 AM      Profile for Ron Douglas   Email Ron Douglas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps one of our Belgian members can confirm if the Belgium Film Fair still happens?
The link on the BFCC still has old photos from this event,
just good to know if there is still a gathering there.
(apologies if this has already been mentioned elsewhere)

--------------------
Ron

|  IP: Logged

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 16, 2014 12:31 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Ron. I could not find any new information about this fair on the net. It would be strange that it would still exist without any promotion. But you never know, it may have changed its name or its location.

--------------------
Dominique

Jean-Christophe Deblock
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 16, 2014 12:53 PM      Profile for Jean-Christophe Deblock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can you please send us the link with this film fair?

In Belgium, there are only 3 filmfairs:

1) Hollywood Filmfair: In Ternat, september and march.
2) La bourse du cinéma: In Waremme, mid-february.

That's all.

Ron Douglas
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 16, 2014 12:57 PM      Profile for Ron Douglas   Email Ron Douglas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Dominique, I agree entirely. Have a look at the BFCC page
http://www.bfcc.biz/
and look at the "Other Film Collector Events" link on the right.
Yeah, it's 10 years old, but it looks chock full of film and equipment. Would be great to know if it has relocated...

Whilst writing, I see Jean-Christophe has updated this post. Sounds like exactly what we need to know. Much appreciated! JC, do you attend?

--------------------
Ron

Jean-Christophe Deblock
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 16, 2014 01:40 PM      Profile for Jean-Christophe Deblock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is the person for "Hollywood Filmfair" in Ternat:

THEO VAN WAEYENBERGH: 00/32/475.46.46.52.
émail: theo (dot) van (dot) waeyenbergh (ad) telenet (dot) be

But attention Ron: the pictures on the BFCC was made in 2004. Now, the filmfair has change from Berchem to ternat. The room is smaller and there is much less films than 10 years ago! The paper replace a lot of films tables.
Anyway, you're welcome! I'll be there with a table and it will be a pleasure to meet you. And Dominique too.

Here is the adress of the filmfair:
Zaal "Parochiehuis".
Kloosterweg,1
1740 Ternat.

Best regards,

JC.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 16, 2014 01:46 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I should try to attend it Jean-christophe. I go to London and Paris so I think I can make the effort of going to Ternat, even if I miss the two fairs that once existed in Brussels, not to mention the so missed Super 8 festival.

--------------------
Dominique

Ron Douglas
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 16, 2014 04:01 PM      Profile for Ron Douglas   Email Ron Douglas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks JC, it would be a pleasure to meet you and see what gems may turn up at the September fair. I'll contact Theo and take it from there (how much film can we get in the car??).
I hope you can make it Dominique : )
Incidentally, what language do most Belgians speak? Is it a mix of French, German and Dutch?

--------------------
Ron

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 16, 2014 04:46 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Officially, about 60% of the population speak Dutch, 40 % French and a very little fraction (along the border) speak German. That said, there is a lot of foreigners in Belgium so you will hear in several places (not only in the capital) Arabic, Turkish, Lingala, Polish and so on. English is widely used in street advertisments, underground announcments and shop signs in Brussels. Ternat is in a Dutch speaking area, so every official sign or document is supposed to be only in Dutch but you will see that French speaking people live there also. Don't worry, speak in English and you will be welcome everywhere in the country.

--------------------
Dominique

Ron Douglas
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 17, 2014 01:17 AM      Profile for Ron Douglas   Email Ron Douglas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Dominique, your comprehensive reply in English puts my foreign language skills to shame! Looking forward to it...

--------------------
Ron

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC