8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Tron Super 8 full lengh Print???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tron Super 8 full lengh Print???
Andreas Chmielewski
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 20, 2014 05:52 AM      Profile for Andreas Chmielewski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a Tron fake Super 8 Cover from Piccolo Film Germany

Gives a Super 8 full lengh Print from Italy?

-

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 20, 2014 11:54 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Italy made a lot of, umm, let us say ...

"Borrowed from the theater and printed before sending back to the distributor"

... super 8 prints, (and many fo them were in terrible condition because, after all, the 35MM had been run to death and the prints were terribly "speckled" and lined and such ...

A friend of mine in Italy told me once as to just how that was done, not in theory but in reality. They'd take the print in awful shape and make a few print runs of that print. many of these prints were in fact Disney features ...

So, it is possible that it exists as a feature on super 8 in Italy. Films throughout the 70's into the early 80's made it onto super 8. For instance, "The Black Hole" was an Italian super 8 feature, as was "Clash of the Titans". The "Black Hole" feature actually had pretty good quality for a "lifted print".

[Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

James E. Stubbs
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 21, 2014 08:58 PM      Profile for James E. Stubbs   Email James E. Stubbs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Humm... The earliest predecessor to thepiratebay???
I'd love to have that print. Even if my Italian is a bit sketchy.
Cheers,

--------------------
James E. Stubbs
Consultant, Vagabond, Traveler.

Andreas Chmielewski
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 23, 2014 05:36 AM      Profile for Andreas Chmielewski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a full lengh Print from a lot of Italy Disney Prints.

The Black Hole is a great Print, i have it in my collection.

In a lot of days coming a Print from "For your Eyes only"...Italy Print on 7x600 feet Reels....i have it found on Ebay Italy

I look we is the quality!! I hope he is good!!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC