8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » It works!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: It works!
Stu Shepard
Film Handler

- posted June 21, 2014 02:18 PM      Profile for Stu Shepard   Email Stu Shepard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just got my first projector (Keystone 108) running thanks to this forum.
Now I need learn how to thread film.
Special thanks to Janice, Clay, Pasquale, and Jim.
Stu

|  IP: Logged

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted June 21, 2014 02:31 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stu

Well done! You are on your way. Check out his youtube video. It may help you with the threading.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoWOZw4E__c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2Er_iI2gQY

PatD

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted June 21, 2014 04:01 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Ummmm, that kid didn't thread it properly. The loops are so large that lower loop is scratching up against the takeup reel.

Clay Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 21, 2014 04:33 PM      Profile for Clay Smith   Email Clay Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's terrific Stu. Let us know how it goes.

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted June 21, 2014 04:40 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad things are working out for you Stu.

Pat, that kid is adorable. I have a Keystone K-109 and I have actually had to create loops almost that big Brad (of couse not touching the take-up reel [Smile] . The projector has a tendency to tighten up on the lower loop frequently and like the kid said...can break the film. This is my pet peeve with this projector and I had to stop using it in my early telecine endeavors. I have a 16mm Keystone that doesn't have this problem...but it has a different threading mechanism.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Clay Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 21, 2014 05:05 PM      Profile for Clay Smith   Email Clay Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He is Janice. I watched a couple of his other videos (his record player purchase for a dollar and his record collection). Bright kid, pretty funny. Okay, I'm off course.
Stu, make sure you thread with the "practice" film first, y'know, just in case.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC