8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Classic Home Cinema (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Classic Home Cinema
Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 16, 2017 06:54 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree that they are very lacking in the Customer Service department. They usually don't answer my emails... and when they do, it's very curt with very little info. I just assumed they don't like dealing with overseas customers so I usually ignore them altogether... but Joe sounds like he did fine... so, who knows?!

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted August 16, 2017 09:34 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's annoying to find the post that resuscitated this topic has been erased without having read it. I can only assume there were second thoughts about it.

I know Phil has had a rough time health-wise lately and I'm sure there are going to be some difficulties with what is essentially a small operation run by Phil and Denise. I read about the recent CHC Weekend event and it sounded wonderful.

Thankfully Phil still has a strong passion for this hobby and continues to put forward new releases.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted August 17, 2017 06:35 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He has also had a bit of stress due to the recording head going at the labs, The Back to the future prints were all ready to be done but were put on hold and i think they are still trying to sort heads to record the sound, so a fair amount of money going in with nothing coming back on this one.
His landline has also been down for a few days but is back up and running now. [Wink]

Paul Trigwell
Junior

- posted August 17, 2017 10:32 AM      Profile for Paul Trigwell   Email Paul Trigwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry about that Mark. I'm afraid I had to delete my original comment, due to some irritating poster who decided to chime in with a thankless comment which antagonised me. I meant to delete one line from my original post and accidentally wiped the majority of it [Frown] However I stand by my original comment that the company is rubbish. Basically, their customer service methods leave a lot to be desired. You don't let someone think they've reserved a film and then go and sell it to someone else. I had clearly told him I was interested in purchasing one of the features and an advert, and asked him if he accepted Paypal. If that's not obvious that I want to buy something, then I don't know what is. Anyway, he said he didn't accept Paypal cause I wasn't in the US! He told me that the films I wanted were in stock though. Bear in mind, that this was the third time I'd got in contact regarding this one transaction so my patience was already being tried - there a problem with the phone so I then send another email asking if he accepted cards - I really didn't want to do this via email so I'd thought it would be okay if I sent the details in two separate messages. Anyway he replied with ''yes any way you are happy''. So I sent him the details and he replied and asked which films I wanted again!!! I told him the catalogue numbers for the umpteenth time. He then replied again and said ''sorry both of those are sold'' and then mentioned that I should reserve them in future. I was furious as I'd been messed around for the last 48 hours and thought he's reserved them for me already. Apparently saying you're interested and asking how to pay isn't as good as saying ''Can you hold these for me please'? Anyway, that's the reason I was angry and disgusted about it and still am. Plus it's doubtful I'll be going back there now. I'm finished with it and he's lost a great customer of more than five years. I'll go to The old film company and Foster Films in future.

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 17, 2017 11:39 AM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul... I was just asking you about your thankless comment and got no reply. Your an irritating poster.

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 17, 2017 12:10 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul,
Sorry you didn't get the films you wanted,hopefully you'll find them elsewhere,Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

David Roberts
Master Film Handler

- posted August 17, 2017 12:39 PM      Profile for David Roberts     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ive used them for years,mostly good experiences,and if ive had to return anything,have had a refund,including my return postage without fuss.
I just phone up with my visa card.They either have the film or they don't.Never had any problems like those being described.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC