8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Chewing and Ripping Films

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Chewing and Ripping Films
Peter Sandford
Junior

- posted July 05, 2014 06:24 PM      Profile for Peter Sandford   Email Peter Sandford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looking for a bit of advice, put on a few films tonight on my Cinerex SU200 and its has started to chew and bend the films and one occasions it is snapped the film about 2ft into the movie.

I've checked it over and everything looks as it should and all is clean so any idea on what could be causing i know no-one can say for sure but any ideas on what to check or maybe my projector just isn't that good?

|  IP: Logged

Clay Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 05, 2014 10:07 PM      Profile for Clay Smith   Email Clay Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Peter - The first thing that comes to mind is are you trimming the tip of the film leader? I'm not familiar with the Cinerex, if it comes with a trimmer or not. Perhaps someone on the forum can assist with more info.

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 06, 2014 01:38 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Peter,
I would suggest changing the projector as they are famous for wrecking films,Cinerex over the years has changed to Cinewrecks among collectors,Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted July 06, 2014 01:50 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Save your films Clay and bin it. Most other machines will do a much better job.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Peter Sandford
Junior

- posted July 06, 2014 03:02 PM      Profile for Peter Sandford   Email Peter Sandford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Clay, yes the projector came with a little trimmer [Smile]

@ Mark Mander

Yeah I think it might be for the best, I'm lucky that its only a few cheap films i bought that got damaged. But it did make me think about putting any features on it. So i think i'll just box it up and forget about that one.

@ Andrew Woodcock

I think that's the best place as I couldn't sell this to anyone unless they wanted it for spares.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC