8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » 63rd BFCC (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: 63rd BFCC
Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted August 22, 2014 11:19 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The BFCC web site has just posted that the 63rd BFCC will be held on April 18 2015. Great news! [Smile]
http://www.bfcc.biz/

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted August 23, 2014 01:58 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great news indeed.

--------------------
Maurice

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted August 23, 2014 03:01 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will do all I can to attend it !

--------------------
Dominique

Douglas Meltzer

- posted August 24, 2014 05:35 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent news! I'm glad the date has been confirmed.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted August 25, 2014 09:47 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You coming over, Doug?

--------------------
Maurice

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 25, 2014 10:35 AM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad to see the tradition continue. I hope to make it one of these years. It so happens that my parents are on their way to London in just a couple of days. Wish I were going.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted August 25, 2014 12:10 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guy, it will be on the 18th April 2015. Maybe you can make it. It happens for me to take place just the last week-end of the Easter holidays. Usually, I go abroad for two weeks. I will see how I can try to do both : holidays and the BFCC.

--------------------
Dominique

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 25, 2014 12:30 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Osgood's are going to make every possible effort to be able to get there! This could well be the last one.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted August 25, 2014 04:29 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think a lot of people will really make an extra effort for this one. It will be over 18 months since the last one, and indeed this may well be the last one (although hopefully not), so interest level should be high. Can't wait to see what Keith and John have up their sleeves for the convention film shows.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 25, 2014 04:55 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I have watched many now due to my recent acquisition of the Armchair Odeon series plus the Men behind the Movies series but due to work commitments, I have never attended any. This, however, I think, is where I have to make an extra special effort to do whatever it takes to attend for all of the reasons Paul points out. Hope it comes off, hope I am there and hope to meet many other devoted cine fanatics if it all works out.
Now that's what I call..a Weekend!

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Douglas Meltzer

- posted August 25, 2014 04:56 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maurice,

I will try my best to attend!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted August 25, 2014 05:08 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew, you simply must go - no excuses. You will not be disappointed I assure you. Doug and I have both made the trip over the pond more than once to attend the BFCC, and it has always been great. As Ed Sullivan would say ' a really great shew!"

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 26, 2014 10:14 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Once you have seen the incredible effort the organizers go to for this event plus the very fact that yourself and Doug travelled over 4000 miles to be there, how can anyone on our tiny island who has the remotest interest in the hobby, not make the effort to go? God willing... I will be there Paul.

[ August 26, 2014, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted August 26, 2014 06:59 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great Andrew, I hope you can make it. If there is any way I can make it, I will be there, and hopefully Douglas can make it as well.
Looking through the Armchair Odeons I came across one which showed a BFCC at the Top Hat Club in London, where the BBC Elstree Concert Band played music from the movies for about one hour! Imagine what it must have cost the BFCC to hire 40 musicians! Just incredible! [Cool]

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 27, 2014 03:44 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a great day out and a must for collectors to attend, hats off to all that get involved and are willing to still put the effort in but we also have to make the same effort else it will end, I think the last few have been just about viable reading old posts and there is no excuse about Blackpool being so close this time, that old saying always springs up "use it or lose it", Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 27, 2014 05:40 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Paul, I have watched them all recently and the band at the "Top Hat Club" were fantastic, especially the James Bond "Goldfinger" theme tune etc. A great watch and a stunning venue from back in the day. Hope you can make it Mark, Paul & Doug as well as many others!

--------------------

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 27, 2014 08:55 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been going since the original Holborn Library ones so will definitely be there.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted January 21, 2015 11:47 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want to warn all the continentals who wish to go to the next BFCC at London by Eurostar. I've just bought my tickets at the cheapstet fare available but many trains has already no longer this kind of prices (and as a result I could not choose a train in the morning for the way to London). If you want to have a good fare and a larger choice, book now.

--------------------
Dominique

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2015 09:30 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok who is coming to the next BFCC as it only a month away now??

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 01, 2015 09:44 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Me, with loads of dosh!! ha ha ha.

Last one probably so we all have to make the effort for this. I am rostered off, so no worries for once. Now just need a Travelodge or equivalent sorting out.

I look forward to all that unfolds and meeting up again with the fantastic and very helpful Mr Ian "O" Reily!

--------------------

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2015 09:57 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My son and I will be attending, I do hope it isn't the last one so all efforts must be made from collectors to get there, it's a great day out,Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2015 10:18 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will be there for a short while, I have an AGM to go to that day (and Sunday) in Nottingham, but this is one event permanently on my must got to list.

Phil Slater
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2015 10:49 AM      Profile for Phil Slater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be there. I started going to these in 1987 and have only missed about 2 or 3.

Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2015 11:03 AM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,guys
ive read this post and im realy hopeing to go but one question ,
why might this be the last one ?

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 01, 2015 11:12 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nigel, the last edition (in 2013) was announced by the organisator as being the last one. It seems that the good attendance made him changed that.

--------------------
Dominique

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC