8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Hospitalized and Missing Super 8! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Hospitalized and Missing Super 8!
Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2014 09:06 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian,
Best wishes for a speedy recovery from one horror collector to another [Wink]
I had a ruptured disc a few years ago, and I know your pain is much, much worse, but hang in there, and take it easy on the painkillers as best you can [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

|  IP: Logged

Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2014 10:46 PM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good to hear the surgery went well. Hope you're back up and threading the ole projector real soon. All my best wishes!

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted September 27, 2014 11:33 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All the best Brian for a speedy recovery.

Kevin Hassall
Master Film Handler

- posted September 28, 2014 09:46 AM      Profile for Kevin Hassall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thats great news brian [Razz]

Francisco Javier Herrera
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 28, 2014 10:28 AM      Profile for Francisco Javier Herrera     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Brian, I wish you a good recovery. Patience is needed to be hospitalized so many days. I know the situation.

Regards
Francisco

Alert with Dr. House [Smile]

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 28, 2014 03:29 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll never forget our experience last winter. My wife was hospitalized three weeks post surgery, did a month in-patient rehab and then another 8 weeks out-patient rehab on disability from work.

Those were bastardly days: some days the morphine just didn't cut it and there was nothing anybody could do. There was a long period of time when she was inarguably worse off than before the procedure (just as her surgeon predicted). For myself I was keeping a house, a job and a son going at the same time I visited at the hospital as often as I could. I literally started to wake up tired and sometimes I was a little afraid to drive my car because I knew I wasn't as alert as I'd like to be.

I learned about 80 ways to cook pasta so there would always be something on the table! I am ready to forget about 65 of them...

This is not whining, by the way, just prologue...

What kept all of us, and our friends and family going through all of this is the idea we were working towards better days to come. Those days are here: slow in coming, but still here.

I joked about coming to CineSea before, but that's a good example. My wife wanted me to go, but was afraid to spend a weekend alone, so we agreed we'd all come down. By the time the weekend came she decided she was OK at the house, but we all needed a break so she still came with us.

This weekend we took the camper out East and overnighted for the first time since her operation: another step back to normal.

You, Brian are at the start of this journey. I can tell you it will not be an easy one, but you need to have faith it will get better. Whatever support systems you have you will need now, they will get you through a lot more than you can alone.

Godspeed!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 28, 2014 04:17 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Best wishes, Brian ! There is nothing nice about being in a hospital.

--------------------
Dominique

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 29, 2014 06:08 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Brian

I’m sorry to hear you’ve had to go through such a painful procedure, it looks as though things are heading in the right direction for your recovery though, so well done!

Hopefully see you again at the BFCC some day.

Mike [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted September 29, 2014 07:21 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Get well soon, Brian.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 29, 2014 10:10 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you tell the hospital you miss your movies someone's bound to chirp:

"It's OK, we have cable here!"

For those who understand, no explanation is necessary,
for those who don't, no explanation is possible.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Tommy Woods
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 29, 2014 10:24 AM      Profile for Tommy Woods   Email Tommy Woods   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Brian
our thoughts are with you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p2ogM7uaaU

--------------------
Let there be light,so god created the projector

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 29, 2014 12:02 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
" Let's hope your doctor prescribes some films to watch. "

Let's hope that it's not the George C Scott film from the mid 70's "The Hospital," (a classic!).

[Eek!]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted September 29, 2014 01:04 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Take care Brian and hope you soon feel a whole lot better. [Smile]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 29, 2014 03:11 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Here here Brian

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 29, 2014 03:54 PM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Get better soon....!!!! Hope to see you at some future film event.

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 29, 2014 06:54 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks again for all the well wishes. I am now home hobbling around on a cane with a lot of intense pain that is only partly helped by the painkillers. I'm just hoping the nerve in my leg will heal now the disc is not crushing it. The key they said is BLT. I was hoping the sandwich but it's no Bending, Lifting, or Twisting. So I'm mainly just staying in bed. Lifting the Gs1200 is way out of the question - I think I'll start with the Eumigs eventually. Right now the TV will have to do. My message is: Don't take mobility for granted. You don't know what you got until you lose it as they say.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 30, 2014 11:56 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let us hope for a total mobility recovery!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 30, 2014 04:18 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Well said Brian, I truly feel for you sir and cannot imagine what level of pain you are going through. A very good collector friend of mine had his wife recently suffering in similar pain levels apparently and my heart went out to her. Get well soon my friend and get Paul, Steve,Osi or Doug etc etc to personally collect your your GS, Then place it in pride place on your ward and simply amaze your bedside buddies with your wares, Ha ha!

Keep ur chin up matey and look forward to seeing you well again on here very soon!

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC