8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Film is alive! first stock of Ferrania films!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Film is alive! first stock of Ferrania films!
Ugo Grassi
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2014 02:46 PM      Profile for Ugo Grassi   Email Ugo Grassi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://us7.campaign-archive1.com/?u=63191fb55aca71b0693110954&id=2c03998e02&e=5162a234c8

--------------------
Bye
Ugo

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 30, 2014 02:49 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
If only we could have sound stock again!

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Ugo Grassi
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 02, 2014 01:29 AM      Profile for Ugo Grassi   Email Ugo Grassi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This morning news from Ferrania:
(newsletter)
We've just reached the halfway point!
Your response has been amazing. We've spent the last 29 hours answering your tweets, emails, comments and messages. We can't thank you enough for the outpouring of support.
We've been taking your requests seriously, and so we are happy to announce a new reward! We stole some rolls from the less popular Snap Pack (sorry) and we are now offering a "Big Boy Pack" with four rolls of 35mm and four rolls of 120 film!
If you've already pledged another level and want to upgrade, Kickstarter makes that very easy. These videos can show you how.

--------------------
Bye
Ugo

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 02, 2014 03:02 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BTW: The "first stock" still hasn't been produced yet! The production will not be started before January 2015 (according to schedule posted on https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/filmferrania/100-more-years-of-analog-film )

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 03, 2014 12:41 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They've just added the possibility to receive a Super 8 cartridge for a donation of 50 $ for their project of the revival of filmstock revival. So far, in just a few days, they got 169,861 $ ; they need 250,000 $. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

--------------------
Dominique

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted October 03, 2014 03:31 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah I saw that Dominique but what caused me some concern was that they only have around 25 days to raise the remainder and whilst 168k is fantastic getting nearly 100k more inside 25 days will be tough I suspect. Here's hoping...

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 03, 2014 03:51 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew, it will indeed be hard as one can think that the people informed about the project and willing to help do it at the begining of the operation. You can just hope that information will be spread among more enthousiasts. Just think of the number of people who don't understand English or/and don't use Internet. Even if you understand English and surf on the Net, you will know about Ferrania's revival project through specialized forums like this one. There is a high potential of interested people in still, Super 8 and 16 mm filmstock, there is no doubt about that. The challenge will be to reach them.

--------------------
Dominique

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted October 03, 2014 04:40 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was'nt Pathescope 9.5mm color film made by Ferrania?

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

John Richard Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2014 05:11 PM      Profile for John Richard Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Regarding coverage, they do have a facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/filmferrania?fref=ts

But my thoughts are also that the pledges will tail off and slow down but I do hope they make the money needed.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 03, 2014 05:18 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't use Facebook, so I didn't see that there. It's a good new to hear the information turns on that channel, too

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 04, 2014 05:37 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
185,127 $ collected. Not bad ! Still 24 days to reach the goal.

--------------------
Dominique

Jason Gronn
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 04, 2014 11:10 PM      Profile for Jason Gronn   Email Jason Gronn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I decided to pledge $50 for the super8, so lets see if they can hit the required amount.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 10, 2014 12:43 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
234,623 $ 19 days to go 4,176 backers

--------------------
Dominique

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC