8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Speed control for Sankyo Sound 762

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Speed control for Sankyo Sound 762
Antonio Otero
Junior

- posted October 01, 2014 05:09 PM      Profile for Antonio Otero   Email Antonio Otero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just added a speed control to my Sankyo Sound 762 and I was able to eliminate the flickering when doing the transfer to a camcorder. I am facing two problems, the first one I can not rewind it without changing the reels in order not use the rewind function but I can live wit that. The main problem is that the speed controller sen to much noise (hummm) to the sound amplifier. I believe it can resolve it with a capacitor. Any body can help me to figure it out where to solder it and how big will be?
Thank you for the help.

|  IP: Logged

Phil Mitchell
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2014 02:17 AM      Profile for Phil Mitchell   Email Phil Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Antonio,
l
Maybe this will help, others on this forum informed me awhile back, when I was getting a hum through my Sankyo 600 when using a 5pin Dim plug to my PC sound card.

They suggested to plug unit into a different power point, as sometimes you get some interference or something from a power point, and sure enough when I plugged it into another point using a extension lead, must of hum was gone, Now no idea if it will help with your problem, but thought I'd mention it.

Cheers
Phil

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 03, 2014 06:22 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The idea is to try to plug the projector and eveything else invoved into the same outlet.

The problem you run into is the chassis of the projector and a lot of other audio devices is connected to one conductor of the audio signal. It is also the same as the ground pin on the power plug. If you plug the devices into different outlets there can be a small voltage between the grounds and this shows up along with the signal you really want. It doesn't take very much to be a problem since the audio signal itself is a small voltage.

Plugging everything together helps reduce this.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC