8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Halloween Film Show

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Halloween Film Show
Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted October 02, 2014 03:54 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well its that time of year again when the film shows crank up for the holidays. Anyone putting on a Halloween film show? Is Janice going to set up the back projection of Dracula on the front windows of her house?
Here is my Halloween film show for Oct 25:

Pre show film themed slide show, with theater Organ music by Phil Kelsall at the Blackpool Tower Wurlitzer

Pathe News Super 8

Look at Life 'Holiday Camps' Super 8

3 trailers Super 8

Trick or Treat Disney, Donald Duck cartoon super 8

Laurel & Hardy - 'Helpmates" super 8

Interval - Horror Film Trivia, game

Feature,- The Uninvited 1946 , Ray Milland, Gail Russell digital

-

Halloween Popcorn (usually banned in my cinema) by The Popcorn Factory ( a dry popcorn, it looks great in halloween colors and it does not stink and mess the place up like the greasy microwave stuff))

[ October 03, 2014, 01:07 PM: Message edited by: Paul Adsett ]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted October 03, 2014 12:53 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW! Sounds like a great show Paul [Smile] ...and yes I'm going to give it another go this Halloween. I've spliced 7 films onto a 800ft and a 600ft reel which include:

Dracula
A&C Meet Frankenstein
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Star Wars
Godzilla vs. The Thing
The Giant Behemoth
The Werewolf

CD Music to include: Monster Mash, Thriller, Theme from "Halloween", Dead Man's Party, Ghost Busters, Theme for "Tales from the Crypt", Theme from "The Twilight Zone"...and a bunch more I can't remember.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2014 07:06 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Started my Halloween month film series at the local Library last night. Subtle horror being the theme. NO DVD's. Started with the Val Lewton feature, THE GHOST SHIP, paired with the Laurel and Hardy short about a "ghost" ship, THE LIVE GHOST. Feature on 16mm, short on Super 8.
Next Thursday, Val Lewton's Isle of the Dead paired with the restored 16mm Popeye Meets Sinbad, both 16mm.

I skip the 16th to go the Cinesea film collectors meet but then come back on the 23rd for a film in the manner of a Val Lewton movie, CRY OF THE WEREWOLF paired with the Castle short, THE WOLFMAN'S CURE. Then on the 30th, Val Lewton's THE SEVENTH VICITM.
I do up nice film program notes, which the Library prints up for me. I also give out a Trivia Quiz on the movies each week. And give out prizes for the winners. The Library provides free popcorn and drinks. I've been running about 3 series a year at the Library since it opened 20 years ago.
For Halloween night, I'm at my church for "Trunk or Treat"...and that's outdoors, so I set up the big inflatable screen and run Halloween themed cartoons and shorts continuously during the 3 hour event.
So that's what's happening for Halloween in Manassas, Va.

Zechariah Sporre
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2014 10:34 AM      Profile for Zechariah Sporre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not doing it for Halloween. But tomorrow night I am putting on my first show. Just invited a bunch of friends. Interested to see if anybody shows [Confused] I don't think many of them are into classic movies. I'm going to go through time (although the focus is on comedy)starting in 1902 with
A Trip To The Moon
Cops
Filming The Big Thrills
Beau Hunks
& ending in 2008 with Presto.

--------------------
There is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 03, 2014 12:04 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome shows! Mine is the same every year, but I don't see any reason to mess with perfection ...

1st night "The Fog" scope feature and the three stooges in "Creeps"
2nd Night "ALIEN" scope feature and shorts "Cobweb Hotel" and Flip the Frog in "Spooks"!

FUN!!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 03, 2014 02:08 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
See, This is one of those times when my taste in films betrays me.

I'm not at all against horror films, yet I'm not really into them either.

There's something about a good documentary, comedy or nature film that just doesn't carry a lot of weight come Halloween!

Coming this Halloween: Flip the Frog in "Spooks"!

(best I can offer...)

-

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 04, 2014 12:43 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, thanks for that screenshot of "SPOOKS", a guilty pleasure of mine!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Timothy Ramzyk
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2014 12:32 AM      Profile for Timothy Ramzyk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SPOOKS is no guilty pleasure in my book, it's one of the best Flip The Frog/Iwerks/Halloween cartoons around. If you like SPOOKS, try and snag a print of CUCKOO MURDER CASE, it's close second.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEjR3jrW-mA

Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 08, 2014 11:03 PM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately I have to work during the halloween season performing kids magic shows which leaves me with no time for films.

But do you know what one ghost said to the other ghost? Do you believe in people? [Big Grin]

Bryan Chernick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2014 03:56 PM      Profile for Bryan Chernick   Email Bryan Chernick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to do the back projection on my window but we are lucky if we see any trick-or-treeters these days. Most of the kids in my neighborhood are grown up and gone.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted October 25, 2014 03:49 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well our Halloween show is tonight. I have added the superb Tom and Jerry Fraidy Cat, which is a great addition to any Halloween program. My print is like new with rich color, and very sharp. I notice that Tom has a different look from most of the TJ's I have seen, fatter and a softer look, and the animation is much more detailed and Disney like. So I assume it is an early entrant in the series.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 01, 2014 06:39 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A black and white Mickey Mouse : The Mad Doctor and a digest (240 m/800 ft) of Rosemary's Baby.

--------------------
Dominique

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 03, 2014 06:30 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At our outdoor trunk or treat event at my church we had about 1500 people come through. I showed two hours of shorts and cartoons. And YES...when that Flip the Frog SPOOKS was shown, the adults stopped and watched and laughed and were amazed at the somewhat adult gags and jokes and the cleverness of it. I also ran Cuckoo Murder Case, which went over pretty well, but it came up on the end of the last reel of shorts, so there were not as many people around and it was getting very cold.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC