8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Film Ferrania (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Film Ferrania
Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted February 10, 2016 10:46 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Will the new film stock be low fade? Any of my old home movies that were not Kodachrome, such as Gevacolor, Anscocolor, have now faded to pink.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 10, 2016 11:00 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Agfa Movie chrome is still holding up ok on mine Paul as well as Kodachrome. I would imagine the Single 8mm films will still be ok also.

Surely the product can only advance if anything in terms of its Chemistry. I would like to think it couldn't possibly go backwards Paul from lessons learned years ago.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted February 10, 2016 01:19 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good work they are doing. Well they will do.

Sorry watching Return of the Jedi tonight.

Jesse Lafleur
Junior

- posted February 15, 2016 05:17 PM      Profile for Jesse Lafleur   Email Jesse Lafleur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They are going to be using E6 chemistry so the fade factor will be probably comparible to modern fujichrome products.

Remember, Kodakchrome and other reversal types of its nature were additive - special B&W films in which a fade-resistant dye was added during development, not manufacturing.

I'd love to see a very powerful, stable dye that doesn't need to be frozen in perpetuity but...

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted February 19, 2016 01:35 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
An interview of the boss. It seems that film will be available this Spring. Could anyone tell me what R&D means in that sentence : "this time was actually used for R&D that will prove useful later on" ? http://www.filmferrania.it/news/2016/the-cine-8-16-interview

--------------------
Dominique

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 19, 2016 02:36 PM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Research & Development - but Development of the product, not Development of the film (although...) [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted February 19, 2016 02:39 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Rob !

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 29, 2016 02:25 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ferrania made an update. Still no filmstock but they are progressing. http://www.filmferrania.it/news/2016/lessons-of-a-naive-new-father "Chi va piano va sano e va lontano" (Who goes slowly goes safe and far). Hope the next update will contain the new we're all waiting for.

--------------------
Dominique

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 29, 2016 06:18 AM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Dominique, I saw that and I let them know I'm kinda fed up (of course - who cares?).

What bewilders me is the fact they originally set a deadline by APR 2015 and suppsedly the first delays were due to bad weather conditions and asbesto in their premises; they'd never mentioned other climate problems and/or all of the logistic issues they claim to be struggling with at the moment. Why didn't they factor them in in the first place before launching the kickstarter campaign??? The most benevolent thing that can be said right now is they lacked a lot of common sense and underestimated things that a serious factory refitting project should consider very carefully. But mine seems to be the only voice out of the choir.
In the meantime more than one more full year has passed and no film yet. I just hope the next time I hear from them will be because the film is ready to be shipped.

--------------------
Maurizio

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 29, 2016 08:58 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maurizio, I cannot say I'm happy nor with the way they communicate nor with this very long delay. The thing is : have we another choice than waiting ? I expected to be able to shoot with Ferrania this Summer but that will not happen :-( Trouble is that in Super 8 you have some alternative, not in 9.5 (or at least, not cheap ones). I have still Super 8 cartridges but only a very few quantity of 9,5 filmstock.

--------------------
Dominique

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted June 29, 2016 11:27 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Not good all round I'd say! [Confused] [Confused]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted June 29, 2016 03:10 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Although delays are frustrating, I found the latest post quite encouraging. If the photos are genuine - and I'm certainly not suggesting they are not, but I believe there was a dubious 'rumour' that the Kickstarter campaign might not connect to a genuine project - at least it's reassuring to see that this is something on a scale that needs quite an infrastructure supporting it, and the new Ferrania won't simply be someone with some equipment in a shed!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Tom Dee
Film Handler

- posted July 01, 2016 10:01 PM      Profile for Tom Dee   Email Tom Dee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now I understand... why Rome was NOT built in a day!!!

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC