8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Adjusting Eumig Projection to 24 fps

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Adjusting Eumig Projection to 24 fps
Mark Kligerman
Film Handler

- posted October 26, 2014 07:44 PM      Profile for Mark Kligerman   Email Mark Kligerman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Eumig ran film too slowly at 24 fps, creating a garbled soundtrack. A forum member very generously took the time to adjust the machine for me, but now it runs too fast at 24 fps (yet too slow at 16 fps: I feel like Goldilocks). The sound is now accelerate and high-pitched. Does anyone think this problem is fixable, or would it be easier to look for a new projector?

|  IP: Logged

Jon Addams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 26, 2014 08:46 PM      Profile for Jon Addams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Mark,

Which Eumig do you have?

Jon

Mark Kligerman
Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2014 08:24 AM      Profile for Mark Kligerman   Email Mark Kligerman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jon,

It's the 802 D.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 27, 2014 08:35 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you know what adjustment was done?

Do you mean a regular commercial sound film is too slow at the lower frame rate?

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2014 09:00 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The markings are NOMINAL. When the speed is adjusted internally the aim is to achieve 24fps (or greater) at the TOP setting and 16 fps (or less) at the bottom. It is not possible to set the two speeds independently, increasing one will increase the other... and vice versa.
The internal adjustment simply shifts the RANGE OF SPEEDS over which the external lever adjusts.The 50hz/60hz flag moves the upper end stop by an amount to allow for the speed variation due to different mains frequencies.

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Mark Kligerman
Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2014 09:04 AM      Profile for Mark Kligerman   Email Mark Kligerman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, a regular commercial sound film is too slow at the lower frame rate and too fast at 24 fps.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted October 27, 2014 01:21 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The 24FPS is higher up.

Does anyone know how to resort the rubber discs please.

etc etc.

Thanks Mark.

Just found this on ebay uk.

http://www.ebay.co .uk/itm/Rubber-Roller-Restorer-Rejuvinator-Paper-Folding-Machine-Faltex-Eurofold-/251326043434?pt=UK_Computing_Servers&hash=item3a8433152a

and this one at amazon uk

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AF-International-Platen-Cleaner-Restorer/dp/B0012IKSHO

[ October 27, 2014, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: Mark Todd ]

Phil Mitchell
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 28, 2014 04:47 AM      Profile for Phil Mitchell   Email Phil Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark I am not sure if this relates to your EUmig, but I had a Eumig S905, taking the front cover off, right behind where speed adjuster knob is, there was these metal or w/e they are made out of sliders / arms, someone had fiddle with the position of the two flat head screws, one could see orginal position from some clear glue or something Eumig used. It also had this disc missing that I was able to replace that sat in where the arms guides were, was a bugger to put right, but once I had those screws in right position, machine ran at correct speeds.

Hope this helps, the Eumig S912, 905 have them too.

Hope this helps.

Phil

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 28, 2014 05:51 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Different beast altogether, Phil.
The 900 series speed mechanism tried to overcome the problems of the previous ranges.... same principle, BUT different implementation

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC