8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Independent 8 Competition - Results

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Independent 8 Competition - Results
Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2014 05:21 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm afraid it was another poor response, I had a total of 23 Enties, thus generating a prize of £46, I've topped it up by £4 to generate a prize fund of £50 in CREDIT. I've decided to split the CREDIT into 2 prizes, first prize is a £30 CREDIT NOTE, second prize is a £20 CREDIT NOTE.

1st Prize of the £30 CREDIT NOTE went to: Mr. Cyril F. Gittings (a rare postal entry as well).
2nd Prize of the £20 CREDIT NOTE went to: Mr. Mark Mander.

I've awarded 2 special prizes of Music 2xCD sets, they are brand new. The first winner is Mr. J. Constable who will receive a 2CD set of Frank Sinatra music. The 2nd winner of a Music 2CD is Mr. R. Young who will receive a 2 CD set of Willie Nelson music.

I've added these extra prizes as a thank you to all those who bothered to enter my competitions, and as this is most probably my last ever, I thought I'd add a little extra to it this time. I'm afraid I'm not inclined to set anymore competitions, as the response is so poor, and I feel that I'm wasting my own time and Money, which is a shame as I enjoy setting them.

Anyway congratulations to the four winners.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2014 05:45 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice one Barry [Smile]

Sorry to hear about the poor response very disheartening [Frown]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 01, 2014 06:52 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Such a shame to hear Barry after all of the effort you put in [Frown]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2014 11:25 AM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Such a shame barry enjoyed entering it ,getting all those facts from film history .

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 01, 2014 01:34 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is rather sad, to be sure, with the potential thousands who belong to the forums ...

(granted, many of those are "one time" members who just became members to attempt to sell they're collections and never posted again)

... you'd think that there would be more involvement to support the hobby. It's one thing to complain about the hobby not being supported by new releases, contests, ect.

It's another whole thing to actually DO SOMETHING about it.

For instance, supporting a great contest like these ones that Barry has done, all out of a love for hobby, or putting forth new releases, or at least bringing forth the raw film stock or negatives in order to see new releases generated, (as myself and a few others on this forum have done in the past and in the present as well).

Just something to think about folks.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2014 02:40 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Barry, I'm very sorry to hear your not doing any more competitions but am really pleased to receive my second prize credit note, many thanks, Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 02, 2014 10:49 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the responses, on my competitions, I'll quote Sean Connery when asked if he'd ever play bond again after "Diamonds Are Forever"...'Never Say Never Again'.

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted November 02, 2014 11:03 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
James Bond will return in......................

Kevin Hassall
Master Film Handler

- posted November 02, 2014 11:05 AM      Profile for Kevin Hassall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know i was one thinkin i'll do it another day then another but 5mins of our time thats all it takes as for our barry he has a buisness to run and what a superb one at that he thinks a lot of us all well done our barry [Smile]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 02, 2014 11:09 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Hopefully Barry, it will indeed be .. Never Say Never Again!

The problem I find is though there may be over 4000 members on here, only around 75 regularly post!! What's all that about????

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 02, 2014 11:56 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the competition is fun, even with no prizes (I never win anything anyway ... Just with my wife, she's number 1 prize)

Also like the cover competition someone on here does from time to time, but they're harder than the questions :-)

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 03, 2014 03:52 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for my prize Barry!

Why don't more people enter???

It really is strange.

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 03, 2014 04:37 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rob,

I wish I knew, it leaves me scratching my head everytime, as all the answers can be found on the internet (in one form or another), it just takes a little time to find them.

Oh well I tried, some people just can't be bothered, after all it's still something for doing (relatively) nothing, just using your brain and knowledge of films (which is why we are all on the Forum in the first place, you would think!) to, in this instance find 9 answers to 9 questions.

As they say, if anyone can shed some more light on why people don't enter...'Answers on a Post Card'.

Kevin Hassall
Master Film Handler

- posted November 03, 2014 04:52 AM      Profile for Kevin Hassall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mine is on the way barry ha ha

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC