8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Thunderbird Films

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Thunderbird Films
Mark Kligerman
Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2014 02:25 PM      Profile for Mark Kligerman   Email Mark Kligerman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Would anyone happen to know if Thunderbird released titles in 16mm? If so, any information on print quality would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

|  IP: Logged

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted November 09, 2014 12:01 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have no idea what proportion of their releases were available on 16mm but some certainly were. E.g. I had the trailer reel that included Taxi Driver and Straw Dogs. My print of this was rather overexposed but this was almost certainly a fault that would hot have applied to all 16mm copies. The colour was fine but I have trailer from one of their other reels that's red, so no doubt it all comes down to the stock and when it was printed. But the 16mm prints seem extremely scarce so you'll be lucky to find any particular release.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 10, 2014 07:46 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have had several 16mm thunderbird prints. Most were pretty decent prints. The guy behind thunderbird was really the first to do the research and delve into finding films that were in the public domain, such as The 39 Steps....and Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe....and offer them to 8mm collectors. He was a character, too, but that's another story. I believe his name was Tom Donahoo.

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 10, 2014 12:19 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...Tom Dunnahoo... He ended up in jail after shooting a man.I bought quite a lot from him in "the good old days".

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC