8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Information on various S8 projectors

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Information on various S8 projectors
Robin Watson
Junior

- posted December 04, 2014 10:06 AM      Profile for Robin Watson   Email Robin Watson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am building a frame by frame telecine machine to convert a library of super8 cine film to digital.
I was reluctant to alter my Eumig 610d, its in perfect condition so I went on ebay and made a bid for a batch of 4 cine projectors which I got for £20.
One of them is an Optomax JE-1.
The others are
Bell and Howell xc20
Eumig 607d
Eumig mk8.

I was able to receive a service manual for the Eumig 607d, but the Optomax and B&H look simpler machines to convert. Any advice regarding this would be welcome, and if anyone has user or service documentation, that would be fantastic.

Robin Watson

|  IP: Logged

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 04, 2014 10:20 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Either of the Eumigs will require substantial modification for "Frame by Frame" use as their motors are not suitable and will need to be replaced with either rheostat controlled DC motors or Stepper Motors.
I don't know the B&H machine. The Optomax, IF it is in VERY good condition, is the most promising candidate.
If you can remove front and back covers and either post pictures on here or send me some by email I'll try to advise you further.

Martin

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Erik Snel
Junior

- posted December 07, 2014 02:04 PM      Profile for Erik Snel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i think you can better modify a projector which has amore classical type of filmtransport. one with sprockets. eumig are excellent for doing what thay are intended to bu telecine mods not so much

--------------------
Erik Snel Eumig Expert
ES Filmtechniek

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC