8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Point me in a direction to off miscellaneous 8mm stuff?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Point me in a direction to off miscellaneous 8mm stuff?
Allison Matura
Junior

- posted December 22, 2014 03:06 PM      Profile for Allison Matura   Email Allison Matura   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear all,

Hi. I am the owner of a small boatload of 8/S8 & 16mm "stuff".

In a previous life I was married to an audio/video producer who had a sideline doing film archiving and transfer.

I don't own anything like a Rank, but I have cranks, editing blocks, Kal-art/Craig viewers, that sort of thing. Some is really vintage, but it all works. I think one viewer needs a new bulb.

Anyway, it's odds and ends. I think it's right on that line of worth a little more than throwing it in the dumpster, but seriously not worth my time to eBay, and I'm not going to pay UPS to "donate it".

I have boxes and packing paper.

You are all far more current in this area than I am. What should I do?

Any and all help and direction appreciated.

Best regards,

Allison

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted December 22, 2014 03:27 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Well done Allison in your decision making! There are loads of people in here that will make very good use of what you have rather than sending it to the dump. [Razz] [Smile]

The offers will no doubt come flooding in from our US collecting community.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Allison Matura
Junior

- posted December 22, 2014 04:41 PM      Profile for Allison Matura   Email Allison Matura   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would be thrilled if someone offered me a million bucks. Pretty sure that won't happen. Ha.

But things are worth what anyone is willing to pay for them.

And yet my sanity to get stuff out of my basement will allow a substantial discount if they send a UPS sticker and pizza money. Or something.

I'll supply boxes and packing.

And I do apprericate any and all help, and if I've posted this somewhere is shouldn't be, I apologize!

Cheers all.

Alli

(I'm a Man U girl. Do you think that will help or hurt my cause?)

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted December 22, 2014 04:44 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Suddenly I've lost all interest in you Allison for some reason [Wink] [Wink] L.o.l.

Now who again are the current Champions of England ???

--------------------

Allison Matura
Junior

- posted December 22, 2014 04:51 PM      Profile for Allison Matura   Email Allison Matura   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I see your 4 championships and raise you 16 more.

Now, having said that, I would be thrilled to see a Man/Man match.

Can we agree to hate Chelsea and Arsenal just on general principle?

Cheers.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted December 22, 2014 04:57 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't mind Chelsea, any team in blue if we can't win it is my motto!

Anyway Allison... back to topic on what is after all a film forum, good luck with sale .. and as for the rest, there is no accounting for taste no matter what the distance around our globe!

--------------------

John Richard Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 22, 2014 05:32 PM      Profile for John Richard Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Allison.
I am on your side, Im a Man U fan, life long, even saw the great GB play..I wish you all the luck in the world selling the stuff you have. By the way, am I correct that the area you live is full of good old English town names? you even live near Cheshire (over here that is where most of the Utd players live)

It might be worth asking a relative or a close trusted friend to put some of the stuff on the bay for you, at least some of the older equipment, its worth a go at least.

Best wishes.

John from Wigan (a small town only 10 miles from old trafford)

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted December 22, 2014 05:47 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Typical.. another so called Man Utd fan from nowhere near Manchester yet again!!

How anyone can boast about about a Piss Pot Playboy Charlie who quite frankly, took the piss out of his club and then did a runner just as he was most needed is anyones guess..

And to think, some poor bugger who lost his/ her life, no doubt in tragic circumstances, donated his/her liver just so good ole Georgie Boy could ruin it for a second time in a blink of the eye!

I am sure the relatives of the deceased were absolutely delighted to know their loved one died in vein despite their most honourable wishes, which was to help those who actually wanted to preserve and cherish life!!

Anyhow, don't get me started.. back to topic

[ December 27, 2014, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------

John Richard Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 22, 2014 05:55 PM      Profile for John Richard Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh dear.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC