8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Keystone K109 Questions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Keystone K109 Questions
Chris Hollingsworth
Junior

- posted December 28, 2014 09:35 AM      Profile for Chris Hollingsworth   Email Chris Hollingsworth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
New owner of a Keystone K109 and new to film. I've restored and collected radios for years so the challenges of older equipment is not new but film is obviously a completely different medium than electrons and radio waves.

My brother had home movies of the two of us from the early 60s converted to DVD but they just don't look right so I stated looking for a projector and found this pristine machine in a rough case. As soon as I saw it the cool factor completely overwhelmed me. It didn't come with and I'm unable to find any kind of manual so I followed the advice of older forum posts on the machine and lightly oiled it in the proper locations. The machine is running pretty smooth however.. The motor doesn't spin as freely as I believe it should and labors on low speed, especially starting on low speed. I didn't find an oil hole for the rear of the motor which I suspect is bound with old oil. Any advice for cleaning and lubricating the brush end of the motor?

Looking forward to hunting down and running some film once the machine is 100%, I'm afraid I may have found a new hobby!

Chris

|  IP: Logged

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted December 28, 2014 11:51 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the forum Chris. The K109 is a beautiful-looking projector. I have one my mom bought new in 1954. If you want a copy of the manual I can send you a PDF...just PM me with your email address.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Chris Hollingsworth
Junior

- posted December 28, 2014 01:37 PM      Profile for Chris Hollingsworth   Email Chris Hollingsworth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree, the projector is a piece of mid centry art, I fell in love as soon as I lifted the case. Thanks for the manual offer, PM sent.

Chris Hollingsworth
Junior

- posted January 03, 2015 07:16 PM      Profile for Chris Hollingsworth   Email Chris Hollingsworth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ran my first film today, a Castle films release of Chilly Willy 'Some like it not'. Wife likes Chilly so it was a hit. The Keystone runs and projects great. Before running, I disassembled and cleaned the condenser glass, cleaned the aperture etc.. Found a Radiant glass bead screen today, they make a great pair.

Clay Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2015 07:46 PM      Profile for Clay Smith   Email Clay Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the Forum Chris. And congrats on the successful film running. May you have many more.

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted January 03, 2015 09:44 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SWEET! [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

Luke Ilook
Junior

- posted August 29, 2016 01:47 AM      Profile for Luke Ilook   Email Luke Ilook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

If you still have this PDF Manual may I ask you to send it to me too ? Please :3

I bought the K109 last week and I fell in love with it [Smile]
But on the internet I can't find a manual and I can't buy it neither (I'm not living in the USA...)

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted August 29, 2016 08:02 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Luke... I can send you a PDF copy of the K109 manual in about 10 days when I get back home from vacation. Please PM me with your email address.

--------------------
Janice

Luke Ilook
Junior

- posted August 29, 2016 10:16 AM      Profile for Luke Ilook   Email Luke Ilook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you so much ! [Big Grin]

I tried to send you a PM but it says "Sorry, that member's private message mailbox is currently full."

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted August 29, 2016 12:31 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try Again Luke to send a PM. I deleted some messages. Should be room now.

--------------------
Janice

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC