8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Cinema Sync Systems css-1 pilotone crystal sync cassette recorder

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cinema Sync Systems css-1 pilotone crystal sync cassette recorder
Doug Arnott
Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2015 01:02 AM      Profile for Doug Arnott   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Arnott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everyone,
I Recently bought this cassette recorder on ebay. It was made by JVC for Cinema Sync Systems Inc. (Long since out of business) in the late 70"s or early 800's . It transports tape and records through the mic fine, but I have no idea how to operate it using the Pilotone or crystal sync (it says it has an internal resolver also)
I've been searching high and low on the internet trying to find an owners manual or any info at all on this machine but have found absolutely nothing on it !!
Has anyone ever heard of or used one of these recorders ? Or have any idea where I might find an owners manual for it ? I'll try to paste a picture of it in this post. Thanking you in advance for any info at all anyone could give me on this. Thanks !!

-

-

-

-

[ January 07, 2015, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: Doug Arnott ]

|  IP: Logged

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2015 04:44 AM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it really worked in sync with the film would be very nice!
How much you paid for it?

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2015 11:44 AM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, all can I say is it's got sendust alloy heads which deliver excellent frequency range and are very wear resistant.

--------------------
Maurizio

Doug Arnott
Film Handler

- posted January 10, 2015 02:46 PM      Profile for Doug Arnott   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Arnott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes it looked like a nice piece, I paid $150 for it. I never guessed it would be almost impossible to find any info on it , maybe I jumped too fast LoL...im used to being able to find at least some info on almost any piece on the internet.
I contacted JVC and they have nothing and cinema sync systems went out of business in 88.
Its supposed to be able to sync and resolve pilotone but I have no idea how to do it. I believe you connect it with the DIN plug to record sync, but again I have no idea how to do it or the pinout of the plug.
At least I can use it for a normal tape recorder, the basic functions are all working, and I like the xlr plugs for the mics.
Thanks for the info on the heads Maurizio , thats good to know [Smile]
Any advice or guidance with this unit would be greatly appreciated ....Thanks !!!

Doug Arnott
Film Handler

- posted January 12, 2015 11:16 PM      Profile for Doug Arnott   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Arnott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Been searching through google images and this recorder seems to be modified from a JVC Model KD-2 recorder.
Havent been able to find a manual for that one yet either but I wrote JVC, maybe that will help. Its probably not going to explain the features im most interested in but maybe between that and testing the din plug with my electric meter maybe ill be able to figure it put. My meter does have a frequency counter on it, so I should be able to identify which pin is sending the recorded sync signal but the inputs are going to be test and guess. 2 or 3 of them are probably going to be to start and stop the unit from the camera (maybe) so wish me luck.
Anyone ever heard of this KD-2 unit ?

[ January 24, 2015, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: Doug Arnott ]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC