8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Sankyo 2000H

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sankyo 2000H
James Wilson
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2015 11:40 AM      Profile for James Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

I have two 1000 Sankyo`s & have just bought the 2000H model.

Having checked over this projector it looks new, however when I played a standard 8mm through it the distance scenes looked out of focus, so I put one of my 1000 lenses on it and viola all was well. Has anyone ever had this happen? The lens works perfectly well with Super 8mm, very strange. I do cine to DVD transfers so I made no mistakes.

Regards,
James.

--------------------
James Wilson

|  IP: Logged

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted January 16, 2015 01:28 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi James... I have found that these Sankyo lenses are susceptible to fungus and/or can get cloudy. Sometimes the cloudiness can be subtle and difficult to detect. However being that the 8mm image is smaller and requires more magnification, any defects in the lens shows up more than on S8mm. Try cleaning the lens to see if that helps.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

James Wilson
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2015 05:30 AM      Profile for James Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Janice,

Will give it a try, do you know of any other lenses (better) that can be used?

Hi Janice, I just ran a St8mm film through my 1000 with the suspect lens in and it worked perfectly. Seems the only answer is leave the lenses where they are, I can`t think of any other explanation. BTW the only reason I bought the 2000H is the lamps for the 1000 according to my supplier (A1/17) are no longer viable to buy from Fuji as they have doubled in price, & the replacement lamps he can get are not as good. Anyway I`m very happy with the 2000H it`s awesome projector for the job.

Kind Regards,
James.

--------------------
James Wilson

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted January 17, 2015 10:33 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The 2000H is a superior machine to the 1000 and a good choice for realtime telecine transfers. I believe Sankyo did make an upgrade lens...but difficult to find. The standard lens should be fine.

[ January 17, 2015, 03:49 PM: Message edited by: Janice Glesser ]

--------------------
Janice

James Wilson
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 22, 2015 12:32 PM      Profile for James Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Janice,

Thank for taking the trouble to reply, I`m sure your right about the lens. Can I ask one more question do you know how to get the lens apart, because it looks like there is something on the in side, which I can`t get to.

Kind Regards,
James.

--------------------
James Wilson

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted January 22, 2015 06:26 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not a lens expert...but here's what I do. If you look closely at the each end of the lens holder you will see 2 holes. The holes on the front of the lens are difficult to see...they look like tiny notches. There is a proper tool to use to unscrew the casings...but I use a pair of calipers. These pics should get you started [Smile]

-

-

[ January 22, 2015, 07:27 PM: Message edited by: Janice Glesser ]

--------------------
Janice

James Wilson
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2015 05:19 AM      Profile for James Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Janice,
Your a star, it worked perfectly.
The calipers slipped and I took a little bit of black paint off of the back lens case, but that's no problem, it was on really tight, probably never been off. I really could not get
the front lens off, so I cleaned it from behind.
Best Wishes,
James.

--------------------
James Wilson

Jon Addams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2015 12:11 PM      Profile for Jon Addams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
There is a proper tool to use to unscrew the casings
That tool is called "Spanner Wrench."

You can see it here

Jon

James Wilson
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2015 05:15 AM      Profile for James Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jon,

Many thanks for the info,
Regards,
James.

--------------------
James Wilson

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC