8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » The Lion King

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Lion King
Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 09, 2015 08:50 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Screened another of my favourites this morning, The Lion King.

Yet another masterpiece from the Disney / Derann combination.
Lovely vibrant rich colour and a wonderfully sharp print to match.

-

-

-

-

IMG]http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/showpic.cgi?dir=uploads0503&file=Snapshot_7_09-12-2014_22-22_.jpg[/IMG]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

|  IP: Logged

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 09, 2015 01:56 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looking good Andrew, nice sharp looking print, and with the old beaulieu 708 purring away in the background, just love those big spools from them, they look great on the machine, nice subtle look to them.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 09, 2015 04:04 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
As these were taken on video mode they really don't capture the true sharpness of the print at all well in this particular case Paul.
But it is yet another stunning print from the duo and one which is very repeatable with its terrific score, I find.

I just love the convenience of these reels. It's great to just sit back and enjoy the spectacular without threading up a good few times for each film.

--------------------

Kevin Hassall
Master Film Handler

- posted March 13, 2015 07:16 AM      Profile for Kevin Hassall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow fantastic andy

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 13, 2015 08:53 AM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice Andrew! I love both (beaulieu and lion king!!!)

[Smile]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 13, 2015 09:32 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
There is another member then to the Beaulieu fan club just to prove to Robert that we do exist and we wont be rushing out to swap them for a mono Fumeo just yet!

--------------------

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted March 13, 2015 10:33 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have had both a Fumeo 9119 and the Beaulieu 708. While I do appreciate the manual threading of the Fumeo, actually LOVED the manual threading...I loved the Beaulieu more.
A properly maintained and working Beaulieu 708 is really a marvel of engineering. Definitely one of my favorite machines ever!
When projecting the sound of the motor is just so pleasing and even to my ears. I may need professional help. [Smile]
And its such a beautiful machine to look at.. imho of course.
And Lion King does look beautiful! Great print.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 13, 2015 11:22 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Over to you Robert...

--------------------

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 13, 2015 05:08 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Bump..thank God!!

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC