8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Outdoor screening with my grand kids. (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Outdoor screening with my grand kids.
Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted April 03, 2015 10:59 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The weather warmed up enough last night for me to set up the projector and screen on the patio. My grand kids were visiting for a couple of days. I made hot chocolate and popcorn and they all thought it was so cool [Smile]

Earlier in the day I told the 4-year-old we were going to watch a movie on the patio. He replied, "....but Grandma...how are you going to get the TV outside." [Smile]

-

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted April 03, 2015 11:10 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're a cool Grandma!

All I ever saw at my Nana's house was Lawrence Welk and Yankee games!

(Dad [her Son-In-Law] was a Dodgers/Mets fan, some say she went with the Yankees just to torque him off!)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2015 11:12 AM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What was the program?
Looks like there is nice color on the screen.

Cheers
Terry

Ferran Gimenez
Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2015 11:21 AM      Profile for Ferran Gimenez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Janice, that's great.
What film did you watch?.
Cheers.

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted April 03, 2015 11:29 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We watched FEDS (1988). Great quality picture and sound ... and the boys loved it.

....and BTW Steve...I'm a SF Giants fan. [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 03, 2015 01:33 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
You got a great set up there for outdoor screenings Janice.
In old Blighty many homes (my own included) have tiny gardens and therefore it's just not possible. Great for those that do have the room though, oh...and of course the climate! [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted April 03, 2015 01:37 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like a great evening! The grand kids are very fortunate to be having such an entertaining and educational experience in 2015!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted April 03, 2015 01:39 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Janice, I wish I was your neighboor...By the way, I had to check the difference between I wish I was and I wish I were. I hope I understood and used the right expression :-)

--------------------
Dominique

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2015 01:45 PM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Wish I was"...... neighbour NOW.
"Wish I were"..... neighbour IN THE PAST but NOT NOW.

At least, that's ENGLISH..... cannot vouch for AMERICAN!!!!

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted April 03, 2015 02:22 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, Martin, that's confusing as it is not at all the rule I saw. They say I wish I were for something impossible to happen and I wish I was for something possible. http://www.grammar.net/iwishiwere

--------------------
Dominique

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2015 03:51 PM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes... it is possible "to be your neighbour NOW"
It is not possible "to be your neighbour IN THE PAST " ....because it's too late!!!!

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted April 03, 2015 03:59 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, is it possible to say I wish I was a camel ? Following the site referenced above, that would not (if I understood correctly) be correct as it is not possible for a human being to be a camel, now or in the past. Or are there, just to confuse non English speakers natives two different rules ?

--------------------
Dominique

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted April 03, 2015 04:00 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL .... you guys crack me up [Smile] [Cool] In any tense I wish you were my neighbors too. It's a lot more fun to watch stuff with friends and family.

--------------------
Janice

Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2015 04:12 PM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cool Janice,
I wish you were my grandmother!
[Cool]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 03, 2015 04:15 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow steady now Roger! Surely you mean older sister! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Remember, flattery gets you everywhere. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------

Jason Gronn
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2015 04:32 PM      Profile for Jason Gronn   Email Jason Gronn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks great Janice,

Nothing beats an outdoor screening on nice night and l must do the same again soon, it almost reminds me of the drive-in days. [Smile]

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2015 04:37 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great stuff Janice! I like to do the odd outdoor screening but live far too close to my neighbours. At least, at this time of year it's dark around six, so I can get through most features by 8pm.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted April 03, 2015 04:42 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew, I'm sure Roger used the word grand mother only because Janice talked about her grand kids. Or maybe he was too shy to use the word wife [Smile] Anyway, Janice, we all wish we were at your projection !

--------------------
Dominique

Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2015 04:48 PM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah Dominique I used the word grandmother because she talked about her grandkids so no offense to you Janice! Sounds like your grandkids are lucky to have you! (and I'm happily married so no worries!)

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 03, 2015 04:53 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Only kidding Dominique & Roger [Wink]

--------------------

Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2015 05:01 PM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can't kid a kidder Andrew! [Big Grin] [Smile]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 03, 2015 05:02 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Clay Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2015 05:21 PM      Profile for Clay Smith   Email Clay Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is so very cool Janice. Those boys will never forget those movie nights at their Grandmother's.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted April 03, 2015 05:30 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's brilliant Janice, the kids will never forget it [Smile]

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted April 03, 2015 07:33 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Talking of Drive In's I heard somewhere that the Johnny Rockets company, who have 1950's style diners restaurants around the USA, are going to open 500 new drive in theaters.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC