8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » odd "Beauty and the Beast" trailer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: odd "Beauty and the Beast" trailer
Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 14, 2015 05:41 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A couple of years ago I purchased a Super 8 trailer for Disney's 1991 "Beauty and the Beast. " With no original box and having its ends cut, there was no way to ID the source, but it seems consistent with Derann. The problem is that the soundtrack has periodic erasure. So I thought, no problem, I'll just do a re-record. If only it were so easy!

I can't find this trailer anywhere. Not on the Platinum Edition DVD, not on YouTube...

What makes it different than all the others is it's wall-to-wall titles and voiceover touting all the great reviews it was getting. So it doesn't match anything you can find anywhere else. It must be from the original theatrical run but after it was out for awhile - or perhaps just a UK theatrical trailer for delayed release.

I'm wondering if anyone here has that trailer, and would loan it to me so I can copy the track and dub it to my faulty one? Thanks in advance.

|  IP: Logged

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 14, 2015 05:46 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have this trailer....I will send you a pm.

Bill [Smile]

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 14, 2015 06:28 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A solution in 5 minutes? Thank you, Bill. Unbelievable, what a great thing this forum is. Long live Super 8!

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 18, 2015 01:18 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have that one as well, fortunately, mine has good sound. Neat trailer.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC