8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Pictures From CineSea 11 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Pictures From CineSea 11
Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted May 03, 2015 02:02 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent as always, Claus!

-but that "Clearance" over our heads makes us seem so...cheap! [Wink]

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

|  IP: Logged

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 03, 2015 02:35 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Haha! I agree; it should have said: "Max Headroom."
C.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted May 03, 2015 04:17 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-And that's the News, now Sports!

Steven and I love to ride bikes. Often when we travel, we bring them along and get out for a little fresh air and a little break from life spent at a keyboard.

The last time we brought them we were more on-season and the boardwalk was crowded. We got about halfway up, but the slow pace turned us back.

This time turned out to be a week before the real opening of season and we made it all the way up to the north end! This is a little like a successful Moon Shot! (...actually very, very little!)

The moral of the story is there can be more to this weekend than just films and projectors (-as if that wasn't enough.) It's not as if we are meeting in the middle of an industrial park: there are many things to see and do while you are there.

-

--------------------

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 03, 2015 05:13 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very true, Steve.

When the weather is good, and there are pre-season events in town, the amusement pier "Morey's Pier" is open with rides and games, in addition to the shops on the boardwalk.

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted May 03, 2015 07:19 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Claus and Steve, for posting those wonderful photos [Cool] for those of us that cant make it [Smile]

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted May 04, 2015 08:49 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
During the Saturday night show Doug Shared some of his handiwork with us:

-

He has been taking silent horror digests, finding the original sound tracks, painstakingly editing them to fit the digest footage and then syncing them up. The results couldn't be better if they were made this way from the start.

-
On a 10 Ft. high screen this guy was kind of impressive!

Let’s face it: the sound effects were a major part of the impact of these films. There is no way these would be fodder for the Saturday Night show in silent form.

In this way, these films become big screen material once again and they looked and sounded great up there.

-

The fun part is (of course) the subtitles are still all there, and you get to see where the editors cheated a little on what the dialog really was in order to make the story work, to prevent “indigestion” as a matter of fact!

-

That’s what makes the Saturday show kind of special: many people bring something they think the crowd will enjoy and we usually do!

--------------------

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted May 07, 2015 09:00 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well we are just back home after a two week vacation in the north east USA, that included our first visit to CineSea. The weather was glorious the whole two weeks - except for Cinesea where it was brutally cold! [Frown] . Coming from the deep south I am sure we felt it more than most people there. Despite the freeze however the multitude of high power projectors that were constantly running elevated the temperature a notch or two, and the weather was no match for the warm and friendly comaraderie among all present. You see everyone here has a common bond, namely the love of film and film equipment, and there was never a shortage of some aspect of the hobby to share with fellow collectors.

-

The Friday night show, Sinbad was a knockout. Doug's GS Xenon did justice to Derann's superb print on that big screen. A winning film to kick off the new Friday night feature tradition.
On Saturday night, equally, or more impressive, was Doug's striping and re-recording of several silent Castle horror shorts. The sound quality was superb, and the sync was dead on - well done Doug! This was followed by several reels of Super 8mm and 16mm shorts, on three projectors, with no breaks. The selections were great, some really excellent subjects and great looking prints. The show went on until 1.30am, and I would have loved to see it all, but by 11.pm I was all in.
Just not enough time.
The last thing I needed was another projector, but Gary Crawford made me a deal on a Eumig 824 Sonomatic that was so good I had to spring for it. I have always admired the 824, the top of the line of the 800 series tanks. If nothing else it is a whole set of replacement parts for my existing Eumig 820 Sonomatic.
Above all else, the best part of Cinesea was meeting fellow forum members who you have known for years but never met. We had the pleasure of Steve Klare and his family at our end of the table at the Saturday night dinner.
Cinesea is a whole lot of fun, and I can definately recommend it to anyone who has not been there. We happened to hit awful weather there - I can only imagine how great it is when the warm air is blowing off the Atlantic.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 08, 2015 08:23 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice to have you back Paul!

It appears you all had a fabulous time enjoying Doug's, and many others, excellent films and equipment whilst being amongst fabulous company.
A definite case of "Wish I was there". [Smile]

Please excuse my ignorance, but who was John?
It was really moving to see a table laid out as he would have had it, had he been there.
A fine tribute indeed but a very sad sight at the same time.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted May 08, 2015 10:28 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The gentleman of whom you mention, John Black, truly was the one who launched this show - We were partners, so to speak in this venture - I had long-wanted a show similiar to one currently (at that time), housed in Cherry Hill NJ - John thought likewise and we formed an idea - Fortunately, his friendship with the Ocean Holiday Hotel folks initiated what has become a long-standing pleasure - We will always honor and remember him for what he left for us, and I have to stick around to keep my eye on these characters [Smile] - Cheers from Shorty

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 08, 2015 10:39 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the explanation Joe (Shorty), sorry wasn't sure which was most appropriate.

A great man indeed then and such a shame he is no longer around to have been there this year and for many others to come. [Frown]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC