8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » EIKI Longplay unit - nylon rollers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EIKI Longplay unit - nylon rollers
Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted May 27, 2015 01:22 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got some question to deliver the Nylon Rollers which you can put on your reel holders of your projector while using a long play unit.

Here is a page of the EIKI longplay unit manual showing this roller. ""(A) Nylon Roller".
 -

Can I order this roller somewhere? Otherwise I will make it using 3D printing technique en bring it on the market (if ofcourse there is demand for this roller). Looking for good pictures (preferably with some measurements), so that I can design this.

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

|  IP: Logged

Jason Gronn
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 27, 2015 02:57 AM      Profile for Jason Gronn   Email Jason Gronn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been after two of these rollers for some time so l would purchase two if you go ahead with this

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 27, 2015 04:11 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I would like one or two as spares for my Super 8mm Spondon Long Play Unit. Must have tapered inset though so the film only touches the edges of the rollers where the mag sound tracks are placed.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted June 04, 2015 08:37 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,
We have made a first version of the nylon rollers. We don't have a good example here. So we used info from the manual and guide rollers on 16mm projectors.

Here is the design so far:
 -

Please comment on this.
If someone can post a picture (preferably with some sizes) of such a nylon roller, I appreciate that!

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

Richard C Patchett
Master Film Handler

- posted June 04, 2015 11:15 AM      Profile for Richard C Patchett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings

Theses are on my web site under Eiki With pictures

980-13401
Supply Arm Assy.
(For Long Play use on projector)
$40.00

980-13501
Guide Roller Assy.
(For rewinding film Long Play use)
$35.00

--------------------
RC’s Classic Collection
16 mm Parts & Service
Elmo, Eiki, Bell & Howell +
http://www.rcsclassic16mm.com/

Chris de Gruiter
Junior

- posted July 03, 2015 06:26 AM      Profile for Chris de Gruiter   Email Chris de Gruiter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We've made two versions of nylon rollers. One is without a bearing and the other one has a needle bearing in it. They both aren't working quite as well as we would like, so we will keep developing them to make them perfect.

-
 -

We will keep you updated.

--------------------
Chris

Engineer at "van Eck Video Services"

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted July 03, 2015 08:26 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Any news on the 8mm ones I posted photographs to you about Chris?

Edwin said at the time he would be able to manufacture from the submitted photographs that included all dimensions.

I am looking to order a Eumig S938 Magnetic Head pressure clip that you've just begun marketing so hopefully both products can be ordered at the same time if these are somewhere near completion?

--------------------

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2015 10:43 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

Here an update of the work in progress on the 16mm longplay unit rollers (when these are ready, the 8mm will follow)

Here some pictures of the current version:

-

-

The roller on the reel holder does not run smooth enough, because of the big radius of the bearings.

The roller with the special clamp runs however very smooth. The clamp is made in such a way that it should fit on >90% for the 16mm projectors (tested on EIKI, Bauer, Hokushin). If we bring this one (with the clamps) on the market, is that sufficient for your needs, or do we also need to one on the reel holder?

Kind Regards,
/Edwin van Eck.

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2015 09:15 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Edwin,

Good work. I have the Eiki Long-Play unit and I could use an extra roller or two if the price is right.

While I prefer the spindle-mounted ones, the clamp model should be good as it is easy to position elsewhere. The clamp needs to be strong, though, as the film can pull quite a bit in rewind from the weight of the reel.

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Jason Gronn
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 28, 2015 12:22 AM      Profile for Jason Gronn   Email Jason Gronn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Edwin,

The clamp model looks great to me.

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2015 10:17 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

The Nylon rollers with clamp for use with 16mm long play units are now ready!

-

More info:
http://shop.van-eck.net/?_globalsearch=pp-0032

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted December 03, 2015 03:02 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As you can see, the 16mm version for the longplay unit rollers (with clamps) are ready.

Is there also need for a version for super8 films?

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted December 03, 2015 01:18 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I requested just a roller Edwin (no clamp required), I submitted a series of measurements to you on here if you remember including a photo of the original roller.
I would like one just to back up the one I have for the Spondon.

Hopefully others may also need these to make this a viable venture for you.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC