8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Cost to make a Super 8 print off of a 35mm Print?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cost to make a Super 8 print off of a 35mm Print?
Alan Rik
Film God

- posted May 27, 2015 06:57 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know it was here before but I can't seem to find it.
If I were to get a 35mm print of say, "Enter the Dragon" and then want to make a Super 8 print of it. How would the quality come out, since I am not using the negative, and also how much would the whole thing cost? just curious. I'm not anywhere close to this dream but was wondering. Are we talking like 10 grand?20 grand?

|  IP: Logged

Tom Dee
Film Handler

- posted May 28, 2015 01:05 AM      Profile for Tom Dee   Email Tom Dee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like a winner!!! get enough people to help out..I am in 100%

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 28, 2015 01:20 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
It's the striping obstacle more than the cost Rik that would be your number one issue, I would have thought.

I think all prints with sound are now all being done in Germany and there appears a very long wait due to the backlog arising from being almost a monopoly on this front.

Perhaps a mute print would be the way to go if you can manage to get around all the other obstacles.

Derann, used to pay around £2k for a negative I think if memory serves right from reading the trials and tribulations of dear old Derek.Maybe a little less for a 35mm print as then a 16mm negative has to be struck adding further cost.

Then of course, it is negotiating with the film companies for the rights. One of Dereks biggest stumbling blocks from all account.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC