8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Dapper Dalmatian

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dapper Dalmatian
Steve Carter
Master Film Handler

- posted May 29, 2015 08:17 AM      Profile for Steve Carter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can any-one tell me if 'Dapper Dalmatian' makes a good 400ft with '101 Dalmatians Escape'as most other Disney shorts I have make good story running digests...I am not sure how the second part will flow, as I only have 'Dapper' and that ends with the wedding...

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 29, 2015 09:26 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Not really Steve as they are at both opposite ends of the film unfortunately.

Don't get me wrong, if like me.. you love the film, until you can get your hands on the full feature it is better than nothing and Dapper Dalmatian forms almost the full opening 8 minutes of the actual feature but you cannot make an abridged self contained mini feature with the excerpts in the manner that you can by getting all 3 Jungle Book extracts.

Dalmatians Escape is the other WDHM extract and of course features the story of the Dalmatians escaping from Jasper and Horace.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Steve Carter
Master Film Handler

- posted May 29, 2015 12:01 PM      Profile for Steve Carter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Andrew, I will still get a copy of '101 Escape' if one turns up.I didn't know there were 3 'Jungle Book' excerpts, mine is made up of 'Mowgli' & 'I Wanna Be Like You'and is edited well with Mowgli going back to the village at the end...

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 29, 2015 12:42 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Steve, the third one is quite a rarity. It is the Elephant March released by Techno I think. It is on good stock like Fuji and looks great when all 3 are spliced together in the correct order of
the story.

No big framing adjustments proved necessary and the colour blends really well if you get decent WDHM pairings to place alongside it.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Andreas Chmielewski
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 01, 2015 05:57 AM      Profile for Andreas Chmielewski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
here i Germany gives a another One Digest on 300 feet...with a great Cover

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC