8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » A S Film In Kassel

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A S Film In Kassel
Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted May 30, 2015 07:54 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone know about a German Super 8 distributor named A.S. Film?

I have "Berlin - Reichshauptstadt" (Berlin - A Rich Capital) with English sound which was made in 1936.

The colour is wonderful on Fuji stock and shows Berlin at the time of the Olympic Games, but whilst mentioned by the commentator, nothing about the games stadium is shown. We see various buildings, the youths marching and the Berliners enjoying themselves.

The commentator appears to have an American accent. I am wondering if this is all original or did the print get a revival at some time when the commentary was added.

It appears that this film may be one of a series as the German "blurb" on the box states "Colour images of the old Imperial cities before the war that have scarcity value".

It would be interesting to know if any members have this film, or any similar releases.

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 30, 2015 09:38 AM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have it on German sound, as well as a few more of their releases. They had produced a great array of titles on inter-war years' Berlin, as well as some copies of war newsreels & docs-like 'Jungle War', 'Attack on Pearl Harbour', 'German U-boats' action' etc. Am always after what appears on ebay Germany,but know little on their story and have never come up with a list of their releases. Maybe a German member could help a bit on that?

--------------------
Yannis

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted May 30, 2015 12:01 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yanis
You say you have this film with German sound. Would you think it has its original 1936 sound, or is there anything to make you think that the sound was added many years later?

--------------------
Maurice

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 30, 2015 06:43 PM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maurice, there's no original soundtrack from 1936 on the film; the narration was added by As Film, don't know about the English sound on yours, I presume it's the description of the various places in English-the equivalent of what I have in German. There's no other sound than this-& some added music-on mine.
There's another one of As Film on 'Paris under German occupation'-in colour too, quite warm pinkish but still highly recommended!- that includes an original radio announcement from the German authorities. A rarity, look up on ebay Germany!

--------------------
Yannis

Andreas Chmielewski
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 01, 2015 05:55 AM      Profile for Andreas Chmielewski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I come from Germany and i have a lot of great titles from AS Film and i have a Catalog from it.

I t gives Movies, digest and full features, World War Titles, cartoons, Western and Action Film, and Laurel and Hardy.

The quality is great!!

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 01, 2015 02:02 PM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's very interesting Andreas,can I ask you to scan & pm me their last catalogue please?

--------------------
Yannis

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 01, 2015 03:34 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.super-8-hobby.de/k-as-film.htm

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 02, 2015 08:00 PM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Oemer!

--------------------
Yannis

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC