8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Rare Derann movie clip with Derek Simmonds

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rare Derann movie clip with Derek Simmonds
Mark Silvester
Master Film Handler

- posted June 06, 2015 02:49 AM      Profile for Mark Silvester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all

after doing my usual trawling around "you tube" I found a great little amateur film called Movie Club magazine which focusses on small gauge film makers and from "8.53" and then check "17.03" for a Derann Open Day - into the film you can see some great Derann footage of a Blackpool convention, complete with Derek Simmonds having a brief word...the whole film is excellent!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPRrQl_tK0o

Here is a link to another "Movie Club" film that has footage of the "Pinewood film tour" that Derann used to organise..great stuff

Also some good footage from the British Film Collectors Convention.with Keith Wilton..too at about "16.10" into the film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDt2BujGsss

On the next clip you get to see footage of a Derann Open day and the cinema that Derek used in house on such occasions plus the famous auction!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oD2uZDD8xo

Enjoy...memories ARE made of this.. [Smile]

--------------------
Mark Silvester

|  IP: Logged

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted June 06, 2015 08:19 AM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
just fabulous.it certainly brings back such happy times and great memories. sadly thats all they are now. the great days are over. but what times they were.

Mark Silvester
Master Film Handler

- posted June 06, 2015 08:28 AM      Profile for Mark Silvester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Paul...it is like turning the clock back...memories!

[ June 06, 2015, 12:00 PM: Message edited by: Mark Silvester ]

--------------------
Mark Silvester

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 06, 2015 11:21 AM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mark
These Movie Club films are most enjoyable.
Did they ever get an 8mm release ?

Dave Hardy

--------------------
" My equipment's more important than your rats. "

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 06, 2015 11:32 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for these fabulous links.

--------------------
Dominique

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 06, 2015 11:43 AM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great memories of those days, nice one Mark.
However I think you may want to edit your last post. I hope you meant 'clock' [Smile]

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

Mark Silvester
Master Film Handler

- posted June 06, 2015 12:01 PM      Profile for Mark Silvester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mal...Lol!!

I do not know if they were released on 8mm - obviously filed in the 8mm gauge though. They just capture that "passion" for the hobby - wonderful.

I sent a Ged Jones one of the links as he is on a clip. I will keep searching and looking out for stuff of interest.

Mark [Smile]

--------------------
Mark Silvester

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted June 06, 2015 01:29 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks so much for posting these Mark, I enjoyed them immensely.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted June 06, 2015 03:45 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I have seen these on many occasions Mark but they are truly wonderful clips to revisit those very happy times that the lucky ones spent with the great man of Super 8!

Many thanks for posting them Mark and reminding us all.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted June 06, 2015 03:51 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I could not play the first one. Got this message on YouTube:

This video contains content from WMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

What's that all about?

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted June 06, 2015 04:00 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Simply ridiculous Paul. [Mad]

Hope you eventually saw the Eumig factory video btw [Wink]

--------------------

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted June 06, 2015 04:04 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not yet I'm afraid Andrew. Could you possibly repost the link so I can try getting it on my new Windows 8 computer?

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted June 06, 2015 04:34 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I will try to find it again Paul.

I am certain, you in particular, will find it very interesting.

--------------------

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 06, 2015 05:14 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great stuff. Nicely made, too.
Paul, it may be that some of the copyright music has been picked up by Youtube USA and so they have blocked it in your territory. I have had this issue before with something I uploaded. Saying that, I recognised most of the music on these shows and it's copyright free. It's from the BBC album, 'Music for Silent Movies' which I used to use on my own films as a kid.

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 08, 2015 08:15 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just watched all 3 clips ... excellent [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 09, 2015 03:52 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
These films were released on DVD a few years ago which is probably where these were taken from. Also I believe some made it onto super 8 copies and occasionally turned up on dealers lists.

Graham S

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted June 09, 2015 06:35 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes quite right Graham we distribute the DVD and have held copyright for a few years now thank you for bringing this up.

Mark Silvester
Master Film Handler

- posted June 09, 2015 03:24 PM      Profile for Mark Silvester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Lee...they are on you tube...so perhaps you ought to have a word with them if YOU own the copyright..how did you get the copy right on what are obviously amateur films?

Please explain - would be interested to know.

Mark
[Wink]

--------------------
Mark Silvester

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC