8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Heurtier P842

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Heurtier P842
Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 29, 2015 04:18 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if this French projector is famous outside France. I had a trouble yesterday I had never had before : the take up arm was "falling" about half of the 240 mt (800ft) reel, obviousely because of the weight ot the film. Those familliar with this model know that the take up and the feed arms are attached, so if the first falls down, the other follows. I didn't see any screw. The design of the arms is probably not the best thing on this otherwise good machine. Has anyone had the same trouble and could fix it ?

--------------------
Dominique

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted June 29, 2015 04:27 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
These projectors are not seen often here in the UK Dominique but looking at the design features of this particular model it must surely be some kind of mechanical latching linkage causing your issue as you can see that the two arms work in tandem with one another mechanically.

Have you tried removing the rear cover to see if you can see how the arms lock into position to see then if you can work out why this is not happening right now?

Perhaps you could post us some photos on here of the internals?

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted June 29, 2015 05:42 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dom I had a Duovox and it was nice to have something different I must say. Yes the arms are a little peculiar as is the overall general construction which does make them fairly unique, at least to me the problem could be the catch as mine was a little fussy. Had a fault with mine so took the machine to pieces and even that was unusual especially putting it back together but did work it out in the end. I liked the projector in use and it is still being used by another collector who wanted to own it.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 29, 2015 05:48 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the advises. I will try that and let you know :-)

--------------------
Dominique

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted June 29, 2015 08:43 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As Andrew said, Heurtier projectors are seldom seen in the UK, so here is a link to look at this unusual model.
http://www.super8data.com/database/projectors_list/projectors_heurtier/heurtier_p842.htm

--------------------
Maurice

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 29, 2015 09:29 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm happy to report that I could fix the problem. Not easy to explain in English, however. There is a small rod that is supposed to enter in the hole of the feed arm when you lift it to put the reels on to hold firmly the two arms(as Andrew said, it's a tandem system).
 -
This rod was not moving anymore. I put one drop of oil on both extrimity and bingo, the system worked again !
 -
The rod is moved back by the red plastic "thing" (who knows the correct word in English ?) on the picture.
I took a third picture to show the simplicity of the mechanism of this reliable projector.
 -
It may be interesting to ad that this projector is a silent one but that a sound base can be added. So it was possible to start with a silent machine and then to upgrade it later to a sound one.

--------------------
Dominique

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted June 29, 2015 09:41 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice work Dominique!
Glad it's all back working for you again as it should.

The red thingy just looks like a location locking pin to me Dominique sometimes termed a peg or even a dowel in English.

You do extremely well Dominique with your English might I add.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 29, 2015 09:44 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Andrew. I was impressed by the quantity of dust Inside the projector. I should maybe open more often my machines (as I had never encounter any trouble with the Heurtier I never felt the need to open it) to clean them from Inside.

--------------------
Dominique

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 29, 2015 11:43 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can always rely on French machinery to be unconventional but nearly always ingenious.

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted June 29, 2015 01:59 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dominique...I have a different model Heutier. It's the P6-24B.

http://www.super8data.com/database/projectors_list/projectors_heurtier/heurti er_p6_24b_bifilm.htm

I got it because is looked unusual and it was cheap [Smile] Unfourtunately...most of the reviews I've read about the Heutier Brand have not been favorable. The biggest complaint has been that they scratch film. Since mine doesn't run. I haven't had that problem. [Wink] Not sure why the motor won't power up...so, I can't test it with film. Sounds like you are not having a scratching issue with your machine Dominique. That's good to hear and glad to see you got the reel arms connected again. [Cool]

[ June 29, 2015, 03:07 PM: Message edited by: Janice Glesser ]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 29, 2015 07:16 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Janice, I have this one as well ! Both of my projectors are silent, so maybe the problem of scratching (if it's not an urban legend ;-) comes from the sound part ? I cannot tell why the motor of your machine doesn't run. So far I only come accross this problem with one (9.5) projector and I have no idea why the motor won't start as I have a similar other machine which runs without trouble.

--------------------
Dominique

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC