8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Upgrading a projector

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Upgrading a projector
Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted July 01, 2015 05:49 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A few months ago, I spent some money in fixing and servicing my Bauer T 502 which is a nice projector that worths the expense. It has a good 1.2 15.5-28 lens but I found sad, due to a distance shortage problem, that I could not enjoy a larger picture. So I bought a better lens, a 1.1 11-30 lens. From a 1.2 to a 1.1 I was not expecting any noticeable improvment of the brightness (especially as the Bauer T 502 has a 150 watts bulb), so I cannot comment on that as I didn't test this side of the lens. However, what a pleasure to have a larger picture. A good lens is of course not cheap but once you made the invesment you don't regret it. I bought many years ago an Elmo 1.0 lens and it also gives a extra value to Elmo projectors. Just bad that for some makes of projectors the better lenses are so hard to find and so expensive.

--------------------
Dominique

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted July 01, 2015 11:48 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I have both the f1.1 and f1.2 lenses for my T610's Dominique. The f1.1 is the only lens that can fill my 10ft diagonal screen from 23ft when projecting letterbox prints like Grease etc.

The f1.2 is still a very good lens which to my eyes I cannot see any change in brightness to the image projected, but the f1.1 can definitely produce a nice sharper and of course,bigger image.

As you say Dominique, a very worthwhile investment as is any for this particular range of machine.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC