8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Bolex 8M speed control knob

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bolex 8M speed control knob
Michael Lattavo
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 04, 2015 08:59 AM      Profile for Michael Lattavo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello! New to the forum, hoping to get some help! Recently purchased my first 8mm projector, a Bolex Paillard M8. Tried it for the first time the other night, and the film was running a little slow. I started to turn the speed control knob, and the knob immediately came loose and I heard a piece rattle around inside the machine.

When I took it apart, I saw that a bottom part of the knob had snapped off, which released a spring and some kind of brass-looking rod or lever of some kind. I can super glue the knob back together, and can obviously figure out where the spring fits, but does anyone know where in the world the brass rod/lever is supposed to go? I've tried to get some specs online, but can only find the basic manual that came with the machine.

I've attached pics of the issue...hopefully one of the 8mm pros out there can help!

Thanks!

-

-

-

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC