8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Please Note! CineSea Date Changed to October 10th

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please Note! CineSea Date Changed to October 10th
Douglas Meltzer

- posted July 14, 2015 09:05 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Originally scheduled to take place a week later, The next CineSea Film Collectors Convention will now be held on Saturday October 10th (Columbus Day Weekend) in Wildwood, New Jersey.

Due to a number of factors it was best to move up the date. We hope to take advantage of Monday being a holiday by extending our Sunday hours and possibly scheduling another local Theater projection room tour. Since our first Friday Night Feature was so popular, let's do it again on the evening of Friday October 9th!

For those unfamiliar with our previous 11 shows, CineSea is an intimate gathering of people who love film. We talk about films all weekend. We watch films all weekend. We buy/sell/trade films all weekend. Not only are there tables full of film & equipment in gauges from 8mm to 35mm, there's also the beach, the boardwalk, the amusement park (open on Saturday & Sunday) and the best part...meeting with people who enjoy this terrific hobby. The Saturday show starts at 10 AM and numerous projectors will be running non-stop. Of course, we'll have our group dinner on Saturday and then we'll start our Saturday night screenings which in the past have run past 1 AM.

If you have film or equipment to sell, 6 foot dealer tables are available for $20. You can rent as many as you like. Lou Franchetti will be there with stacks of 8mm and 16mm. To reserve a table you can email/PM me or Lou.

An important note: Since this is a holiday weekend, The Ocean Holiday Resort has told us that reservations should be made as soon as possible. There are a number of events in Wildwood that weekend so be sure to book now (at the same low rates!).

The Ocean Holiday Resort
6501 Ocean Avenue
Wildwood Crest, NJ 08260
609-729-2900 (mention "Film Show" to receive special rate of $65.00 per room)
Reserve early to get Oceanfront rooms with private balconies!

CineSea 12
October 9th Friday Evening: Times TBA
Early dinner, Friday Night Feature Screening
Admission: Free

October 10th Saturday
Hours: 10 AM – 5:30 PM, dinner break, continuous screenings late into the night.
Admission: $5.00, free to those who are staying at the Ocean Holiday.

October 11th, Sunday
Hours: 10 AM - TBA

Directions:
From North; Garden State Parkway to Exit 4, follow Rio Grande Ave to end. Right on Ocean Ave. Follow to Ocean Holiday on left 6501 Ocean Ave. From West and South;Rt 76 (east) or Rt 95 (north) to Walt Whitman Bridge. Follow Rt. 42 to Atlantic City Expressway. Take Exit 7 (Garden St Parkway South) Follow same as north.

Past Events:
Claus Harding's pictures from CineSea 11 & CineSea X
CineSea 9, CineSea 9 (2). There's also the CineSea 6 Video, and Claus' CineSea 5 trailer.

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

|  IP: Logged

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted July 14, 2015 09:38 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wouldn't it be nice to have a Monday show as well, considering the Holiday - Shorty

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted July 15, 2015 10:18 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am in!

It will be interesting having CineSea when the Ocean Holiday (and Wildwood) are a lot more on-season.

-just the chance some non-film guest will see what we are doing and remember he/she/they used to collect films and get the bug once again.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC