8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » My Bauer T610

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My Bauer T610
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted August 02, 2015 06:53 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After many many years of Elmo loyalty my Bauer T610 is soon on its way to me.
I will still be keeping the two 1200HDs for my 1200 foot showings but the Bauer will be used for daily showing of all things 800ft or less.
Will show off when it arrives with my first impressions and report.
[Wink]

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 02, 2015 06:54 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Hallelujah!!! [Wink]
Now for a long play unit then the STs can be kept solely for optical prints. At least that was my conclusion some time ago. I have never ever looked back;)

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Mark Silvester
Master Film Handler

- posted August 02, 2015 07:21 AM      Profile for Mark Silvester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all

when I was into 8mm big time back in the day my favourite projectors were the Bauers. Stunning machines - I had a variety of the models right up to the stereo machies, etc. Whisper quiet...and so well made!

I am getting that old feeling concerning looking for another one after reading your posts Andrew! Lol

Mark [Smile]

--------------------
Mark Silvester

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 02, 2015 07:24 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Simply the best 800ft spool capacity Super 8mm machine ever built...bar none!

Now to be crucified once again! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

-

-

--------------------

Douglas Meltzer

- posted August 02, 2015 11:47 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Bauer 610 is an exceptional machine. It (along with the 510) is the quietest projector I have ever come across.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 02, 2015 11:54 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
And ever could Doug!
Well done once again Tom [Wink]

--------------------

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 02, 2015 01:50 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well done Tom, I use one too and love it, I still use the Elmo's but for Quietness you can't beat them, Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted August 02, 2015 02:00 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I cant wait to try it out, Haven't treated myself up for years.
Have to also add its all paid for with the last 12 months sales of my bits n pieces on ebay, a great use of ebay and a good example of its use where my hobby is self paying. Only trouble is, being as tight as i am I've got to replace the dosh with more sales asap. 16mm items will all be sold off. We plan to watch each film one more time,(its been 5 years since we even plugged the 16mm in), this way we can also be very accurate with descriptions as always as well as get screen shots. I do love the bigger better choice of films on 16 but its the room they take up and the amount of times we actually watch them doesn't make it worthwhile so we have decided to sell the lot and stick with 8.
I know it sounds daft but i always feel guilty when i spend this sort of cash even though its my film sales that have allowed it [Confused] [Wink]
Andrew, what are those speakers like? They look quite big. We use two Wharfedales

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 02, 2015 02:17 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, it's money well spent, you'll wish you treated yourself years ago, Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted August 02, 2015 02:57 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cheers Mark [Smile]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 03, 2015 10:53 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, apologies for not being able to reply sooner to your question I was working a night shift unfortunately.

The speakers were purpose built for the studio line machines from what I can gather. They are not very large at all I don't think.
They are around 14" tall and maybe 9 inches wide say.

They are rated at up to 40w rms max and are 4ohm speakers, meaning they are driven easier than typical 8ohm ones but require a amplifier capable of driving a 4ohm load as the Bauers can.

I think you can definitely tell these are a match designed for these machines. They sound very clear indeed on these machines though I have to admit, I haven't used them when any other projector to compare.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC