8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Look At my New Toy - Bauer T610 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Look At my New Toy - Bauer T610
Douglas Meltzer

- posted August 08, 2015 09:54 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Tom! Except for not being able to remove the film midway, it is a perfectly designed projector.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

|  IP: Logged

Ken Finch
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 08, 2015 12:21 PM      Profile for Ken Finch   Email Ken Finch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tom, I also have a T610, purchased some years ago. It is certainly one of the quietest machines I have ever used. I have the manual in English. If you need a copy, send me a PM. and I will photocopy it for you. No projector is perfect and one little eccentricity I found with mine is that when you put it in threading mode the top guide is a little sluggish in positioning and it is necessary to wait a few seconds before pushing the leader into the top sprocket aperture. Otherwise the top loop does not form and the film shoots into the mechanism!! I do not know if any others have this little problem. Incidentally, the Agfa LS is also a very quiet runner and has a very similar mechanism. Ken Finch.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 08, 2015 04:03 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
With the correct film cutter that was originally provided with these, threading should be an absolute breeze Ken.

If the top threading assist looper or guide as you are calling it, is sluggish, it can only be due to some delayed movement in the linkages somewhere. Maybe it is binding a little perhaps and may need some greasing around the linkages?

On the two I have, this top looper that lowers while entering the input guide in thread mode, reacts instantly in tandem with the switch position it is turned to, both dowards in thread and then open again instantly when lamp one or two projection modes are selected.

Back to the trimmer,if the film is cut using one of these cutters,it should have chamfered 45 degree corners on the leading edge of the film and the straight cut should be half a pitch away from the sprocket hole on the frame line. In this instance, the film is taken immediately when offered to the top input guide and sprocket.

The drive mechanism and many other aspects of this projector are far more sophisticated than the Bauer designed Agfa Sonector LS.
However for the money they were to purchase new, and for the money they now sell for, the Agfa LS is a winner also!

Ken, if you have an English manual for the T610, I too would like a copy of it please, if that's ok?

As far as records show, the manual was only ever produced in German and also in French, so you have done well there Ken somehow! [Wink]

I have searched for at least 3 years to find one, but never have unfortunately.

[ August 09, 2015, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 08, 2015 06:33 PM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the Bauer 610 (and 525) full user manual in English on CD disk here in .pdf format. If it helps I can try and upload it to the forums so everyone can easily access or print it in future.

I also have the service manual and circuit diagrams on the same disk.

Kevin

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 08, 2015 06:55 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
That would be great thanks Kevin! [Wink]

--------------------

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 10, 2015 02:57 AM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everyone

Doug has replied to me and I am in the process of sending him the Bauer manuals - ultimately Brad is the person who adds them to the archive so please all be patient and in due course you will have access to them.

Kevin

James Wilson
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 10, 2015 11:49 AM      Profile for James Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought of the three models only the DCT had both optical &m Magnetic playback.
I have a DCM with 600ft reel & Magnetic playback.

--------------------
James Wilson

Ken Finch
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 10, 2015 12:18 PM      Profile for Ken Finch   Email Ken Finch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tom, I cannot reply to your PM because your mailbox is full and I need your address. Also, thanks to other respondents for the extra info. I do not have any threading problems once that top loop guide has positioned itself correctly. Ken Finch. [Smile]

Douglas Meltzer

- posted August 10, 2015 04:49 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Kevin! Pdf files of the user & service manuals along with a circuit diagram will soon be available in the Manuals section. Until then, they may be downloaded from here.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 10, 2015 05:08 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Doug and Kevin. That is extremely useful for Tom, myself and no doubt, one or two others. [Wink]

--------------------

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted August 10, 2015 06:12 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, I downloaded the three documents. The service manual is in German, but better than nothing.

--------------------
Dominique

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 10, 2015 11:45 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
That's crazy! Ha ha, I managed to find easily an English written service manual but never the actual instruction manual.

Ah well at least between us all now we can finally issue to all both the instruction and service manuals both in English,where required, thanks to Kevin. [Smile]

--------------------

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 11, 2015 06:51 PM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Andrew

Please send Doug your English language service manual as a .pdf file and I am sure he will upload it to the forums then all Bauer users will benefit from it.

Hopefully I will find some more useful documents films and equipment here as my cine tidy up continues.

Kevin

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 11, 2015 07:23 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Of course, Will do Kevin. It's a purchased copy on Paper and isn't very good at all truth be told, especially regarding the drawings, however it is there for whoever, however I can send a copy, same for Doug of course. [Wink]

Was yours already on CD Kevin?

--------------------

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 11, 2015 07:51 PM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My version was already on CD Andrew so I cannot take the credit for scanning it and converting to a .pdf file. I can't remember where it came from it really is turning into a voyage of discovery as I tidy up here. Just found two 1970's Derann hire catalogues and a box of 200 x 400ft unused spools so anything could turn up in due course.

Kevin

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 11, 2015 07:55 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
How can you NOT know you have a box of 200 spools?!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Also, I paid very good money for said hire catalogue not so long ago. [Wink] (from a much later era though)

My Oh my Kevin, you have far too much gear in the hobby! Ha Ha Ha

[ August 12, 2015, 04:05 AM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 11, 2015 08:11 PM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The box of spools were hiding (as if they have a life of their own) behind the rear seat row of the Bapchild Bijou.

Their 'best mates' were in a box to the left - 2000ft of unslit 16mm to std 8 leader. Goodness knows what will turn up next.

Back on subject I hope you are enjoying your Bauer Tom and that the manuals help guide you to getting the best from your projector.

Kevin.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 11, 2015 08:18 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Me Too Tom! [Wink]

I'm having a nightmare just as soon as Edwin closed his gates for a holiday.

Took the full feature plus rewinding to wipe it out mind, all on separate reels I might add .

Motor or controller packed in just at the end of "Seven Brides..
on the latest Bauer machine.

Ah well, these things are sent to try us!

Find out tomorrow what is to blame by interchanging parts and getting the Multimeter out.

Let's hope it's true in that "God Loves a Trier!"

No news from Mark's latest trials and tribulations yet?

Strange..??

[ August 12, 2015, 04:02 AM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC